This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub Identification

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
67Camaro
Zip Code: 37174

Farmall Cub Identification

Postby 67Camaro » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:58 pm

My, new to me, Farmall Cub tag has the numbers: 197156. As I reference the i.d. chart, it is a 1956 model. Correct? I'd attach a pic of the tag but I have not figured out how to do it. Thanks!

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Cub Identification

Postby tst » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:25 pm

yes a 56 welcome to the site

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Welcome to the forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:27 am

Welcome to the Forum.

It's best to have the pictures you want to upload already reduced in size before trying to post them. They need to be no bigger than 500kb.

I'll describe the process using an iPhone, but it should (hopefully) be similar on an iPad or other phone:
  1. Open the page on the Forum where you will create the post.
  2. Write whatever description or text in the main "Topic Review" box.
  3. Next, go down below the text box and you'll see two tabs: "Options" and "Attachments"; select "Attachments".
  4. Click on the "Add Files" button and an iPhone menu (at least on my phone) comes up from the bottom of the screen with 3 options:
    1. "Take Photo or Video"
    2. "Photo Library"
    3. "Browse"
  5. Select, say, "Photo Library", since you should have already resized the image and it's on your iPad. Your iPad should direct you to your photo library where you can search and select the resized picture you want. Select one.
  6. Once the forum size requirements are met for that photo, an extended box will show up below the "Add Files" button. It will list your photo's file name, 2 buttons ("Place inline" and "Delete file"), and a "File comment:" box. If you type a brief description in the "File comment" box, it will show up in your post directly underneath your photo in italicized font. If you want a description or caption associated with the picture, then use this feature, otherwise, you can describe the photo in the main body of your post. If I recall, you may attach up to 6 photos in this manner, one at a time.
  7. Once you have attached all the photos, you have a choice to either place them in-line (intermittent among your text in the post) or just leave all the photos to come up at the end of your text. If you have multiple pictures to post, they will be lodged below the main screen in reverse order. For example, if you have 3 pictures and want them to show up in the order you uploaded them, the first pic will be at the very bottom of the list. So, you'd just select that one first ("Place inline" button), then the next one up and so on. Remember, if you choose to leave them at the bottom and not place them in-line, they will appear in reverse order of how they were uploaded.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you want further explanation.

Why don't you start a thread over in the Introduce Yourself sub-forum and tell us about yourself. We can give you a proper welcome there.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Pap
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 38401
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub ( Err Err )
I could not say tractor when I was 2 years old so I called it Err Err.

I loved this tractor then and I still love it now.

Postby Pap » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:47 am

Welcome to the forum . Look around and I think you can learn a lot here.

Oh forgot to tell you that I am just down the road from you I am in Columbia.

If there is anything that I might be able to help you with just send me a PM on here.
Are We Having Fun Yet ? :D
'47 cub ( Err Err )

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44657

Postby john2189 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am

I want to know more about your 67 Camaro
'49 Cub (Vince)
'41 allis B with Woods L59 mower
656 Wheel Horse with 42” sickle mower
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar
Honda 48” walk behind mower

67Camaro

Postby 67Camaro » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:03 pm

000_1633.JPG

My Camaro. Lots of blood sweat and tears included. Bought it and then had to build a motor, rebuild the transmission, rebuild the rear end, add disc brakes and the list keeps going. Lots of fun though.

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby john2189 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:11 pm

Nice. 396?
'49 Cub (Vince)
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar

67Camaro

Postby 67Camaro » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:17 am

454 with some upgrades. BB Chevys are expensive to build. I gotta treat her gently.

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby john2189 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:23 am

Ok nice
'49 Cub (Vince)
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi,
The Cub operator's manual can help you learn about maintenance that the Cub needs.

Below is the 1955 Cub operator's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. There is a table of contents on page 1, and the index begins on page 79.
It shows how Cubs originally looked in it. The lube section begins on page 14.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

It shows the electrical system that a 1955 and 1956 Cub originally had.
Cubs made before mid 1964 originally had 6 volt, positive ground electrical systems.
They have said on here that IH didn't make a new manual every year.

The Touch Control fluid mentioned in the manual for the Touch Control, was changed later to Case IH Hy-Tran fluid. It is sold at Case IH dealers.
There are other brands, be sure it works with IH hydraulic systems before buying one.
The manual tells how to check and change the fluid, and remove the air from the system.
Check the fluid with the arms in the rear, or down position, the manual says.

I would check or change all the oils before using the Cub. Using it with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in the housing.
There are 3 separate gear housings, with 3 separate oil levels to check, in the rear area of a Cub, the transmission, and 2 final drives.

The transmissions in Cubs commonly get water in them, from rain, or condensation inside the housing over time.

The air cleaner is an oil bath air cleaner. Dirt that is sucked in settles to the bottom of the oil cup. It should have clean, light motor oil in the oil cup to work right.

There is a search at the top of the page, to the right of the Farmall Cub, you can search for info in posts that have been made.

Page 29 is gone from the manual, so there is no info about checking and changing the final drive oils, steering gear oil, and other things.
Below are 2 pages from the manual before it, the missing info is on them, beginning at number 24. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-19.jpg

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-20.jpg

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am

Welcome to the Forum
Bacon makes everything better.