This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How hard do you run your cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How hard do you run your cub?

Postby Urbish » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:08 pm

I've not been easy on mine, mowing 4.5 acres with the Woods 59 and plowing Michigan snow off of a 650' driveway. There have been times plowing snow where I had to work through some deep, heavy stuff that took every bit of horsepower it had. But since I put tire chains on along with a single set of wheel weights, I've never gotten it stuck. I have yet to be defeated by any amount of snow with it.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24151
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub
59 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Drfting1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:51 pm

I'm using mine pretty hard (maybe too hard) at my new property, I'm clearing land and using both of mine, one for grading and other for York rake... They deserve a vacation/restore after this..
Apologize I haven't been on forum lately, but this has a project more than expected... Hope everyone is well, I'll try to get on more and post some pics of the cubs at work here
Bill Longeill

akguy09
Zip Code: 80930
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub

2018 Kubota B2301

Postby akguy09 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:14 pm

I pull a Manure spreader MD-200 with mine and occasionally plow snow when I want to feel like the old days

Dirtdoc74
Cub Star!
Cub Star!
Zip Code: 47037

Postby Dirtdoc74 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:25 pm

My 47 is my tator cub. I make furrows, cover them, then use it to dig them out. My 52 has the belly blade which I use to maintain my driveway and church parking lot. My 64( I think that’s right) does the cultivating and sidedressing. Plus planting sweet corn and green beans and pumpkins on a raised bed I make as I plant. I use a cole planter. None of those operations seem to tax them much. But sure is handy.