This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

POAX Planter Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Re: POAX Planter Question

Postby Brandon Webb » Tue May 25, 2021 10:49 am

You could be on the lookout for a Richmond Hopper drive and just convert it over because the plates are more common.

Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: POAX Planter Question

Postby Mht » Tue May 25, 2021 6:31 pm

I second the idea of finding a different hopper and drive. A richmond or combination hopper is the way to go. Both use the same plate and it’s the one most all IH plate planters used up until platelets planters took over. They are easily and cheaply found. Used plates can be found online and as cheap as a few dollars each for plastic corn plates. Corn plates can also be used to plant sunflower, beans, and peas if the right size is used. Plates can be easily modified with a little masking tape, some two part epoxy, and a dremel tool to make a custom plate for most any seed or spacing. I use a 174 planter with a combination hopper on my cub and I’m pleased with it. If you really intend to plant much you will be better served with a different hopper. The runner and planter countershaft drive will work with any hopper and base