This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pojt 270 jointer set up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
David benson
Zip Code: 13608

Pojt 270 jointer set up

Postby David benson » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:06 pm

I have a 193 plow and it came with pojt 270 jointer I see in the manual how it says to set it up but I guess I am a rock and don’t get it could some buddy exsplain how it set it up also what does it do

Thanks

Ole90633
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17701
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub Standard

Re: Pojt 270 jointer set up

Postby Ole90633 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:05 am

David benson wrote:I have a 193 plow and it came with pojt 270 jointer I see in the manual how it says to set it up but I guess I am a rock and don’t get it could some buddy exsplain how it set it up also what does it do

Thanks

[sic]

I have a 193 Plow and, it came with a Pojt 270 Jointer.
I see in the Manual how it says to set it up but, I am a 'rock' and don't get it !
Could somebody explain how to set it up; also what does it do ?

Thanks

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Spivey » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:45 am

Others can give a better answer than me, but my understanding is that the purpose of the jointer is to cut sod, grass roots, etc. in order to allow the plow to turn over a nice clean row of dirt. Especially useful in newly plowed ground, but maybe not necessary in a yearly garden plot, depending on how fast the native grasses take it over. With that in mind, it should cut a slit in line with the point of the plow, and deep enough to get all roots, etc.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Stevetractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 International Cub

Postby Stevetractor » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:13 am

I have one as well. As Rick stated, the idea of a jointer is to cut the top edge of the turning furrow off and drop that into the bottom of the dead furrow. Basically, it should cut the edge of the sod on the turning furrow so you end up with just soil showing once your done plowing. Makes working down the plowed ground easier. Now as to mounting, it’s very adjustable, and would need field adjustment based on plowing depth, soil type, and trash coverage. The share on mine is badly worn and didn’t work that well. I have found pics online of what the share should look like, and am trying to have one made. Good luck and happy plowing. The share is considerably wider than moldboard in this picture, and am assuming has low usage. Mine is worn close to width of moldboard.
432DC3C1-6B60-4177-89C0-0E149468F075.jpeg

David benson

Postby David benson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:57 pm

Rick Spivey wrote:Others can give a better answer than me, but my understanding is that the purpose of the jointer is to cut sod, grass roots, etc. in order to allow the plow to turn over a nice clean row of dirt. Especially useful in newly plowed ground, but maybe not necessary in a yearly garden plot, depending on how fast the native grasses take it over. With that in mind, it should cut a slit in line with the point of the plow, and deep enough to get all roots, etc.

That would be nice to get working when I start my new garden

David benson

Postby David benson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Stevetractor wrote:I have one as well. As Rick stated, the idea of a jointer is to cut the top edge of the turning furrow off and drop that into the bottom of the dead furrow. Basically, it should cut the edge of the sod on the turning furrow so you end up with just soil showing once your done plowing. Makes working down the plowed ground easier. Now as to mounting, it’s very adjustable, and would need field adjustment based on plowing depth, soil type, and trash coverage. The share on mine is badly worn and didn’t work that well. I have found pics online of what the share should look like, and am trying to have one made. Good luck and happy plowing. The share is considerably wider than moldboard in this picture, and am assuming has low usage. Mine is worn close to width of moldboard. 432DC3C1-6B60-4177-89C0-0E149468F075.jpeg

Thanks I guess I will just have to mess with it a little

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Go to the PDF manuals (Quick links at the top left). Select "books" to find "Tractor Plowing At Its Best". Adjustment of the jointer is covered starting on page 8.

Return to “Farmall Cub”