This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found this awesome trailer!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Crimson Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Found this awesome trailer!

Postby Crimson Tim » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 pm

I have been idly looking for a reasonably inexpensive utility trailer for my Cub for years. Finally found one on Craigslist.
The hard part to fulfill beyond the price point I was willing to pay is that we only have a couple acres and the horse pastures are cross-fenced. That means there are 10' corridors between the different pastures and between the pastures and the property fence. We do this so the horses can't get into trouble playing over or through the fence with their neighbors, in case someone escapes from a pasture, there is still a perimeter fence keeping them off the road, and it also keeps the neighbor kids from feeing fingers to the horses.

In any case, turning a corner in those 10' corridors gets difficult fast with any but the smallest trailer. Consequently, it was difficult to transport tools or materials to the back corner of the property.

But then I found this beauty on CL. Both axles steer. I suspect it was built for the nursery industry, since we have a lot of those in the area. Theoretically, you could string a bunch of these in a line, and they would all follow the same path through corners.

Once I got it home, I thought I was in trouble. It looks enormous behind a Cub. The platform is 4'x12'. Surely there was no way it was actually going to manage a right angle turn in a 10' corridor? Lo and behold, it does!
Doing a couple circles in the arena, you can see from tire tracks that the inside rear tire is only half a tread width off of the tractor rear tire track (my wheels are set dished out).
It's tall enough at ~24" to function as a low work table.
It's going to be so nice to be able to carry fence materials, and the compressor, and hand tools and shovels, and the generator and whatever else is needed out to wherever I need them, all in a single trip.
I'd be willing to bet the tires are just golf cart tires, so should be easy to come by if necessary.

The only downside is backing.... I've been backing trailers since about 8, so I'm pretty good at it. This one offers a new skill set, though.

All in all, if you need a trailer, I can recommend these. I'm thinking there should be a lot of them out there on the market if you are in the right area. That said, I had to drive to a subdivision in the heart of Orlando to pick this up from a homeowner on a <1/4 acre lot, so you never really know where you'll find something interesting.
No manufacturer nameplates or decals or anything that I can find.

As an aside, I had to put a new pony tank on this tractor, but all I had available was a vegetable oil bottle. Like those biodiesels running on cooking oil, the little bit of oil remaining in the bottle made my Cub smell like french fries for an hour or so until it burned it off. As if chores didn't already make me hungry enough!

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Found this awesome trailer!

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:38 pm

Score!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Crimson Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.

Postby Crimson Tim » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Don McCombs wrote:https://wellmaster.ca/products/greenhouse-nursery/nursery/wagons/four-wheel-steering-nursery-wagons-mini/

Them’s the ones, or similar, at least. Way more nimble than they look like they should be.

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Yep those are for sure golf cart tires.