This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch throwout bearing gave out

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Clutch throwout bearing gave out

Postby Denny Clayton » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:56 am

sevy wrote:Thanks. Tim set the fingers perfectly on the bench for me, and everything was new and correctly adjusted.

Don't set the fingers on the bench and forget it. Set the fingers after everything is installed on the flywheel.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:24 pm

I would say setting on bench is a bad idea! --- you want the clutch in its real world to accurately set them.---like in the run position, then make all the adjustments from there as per specs.
I cant give any advice on what type works or not since I have never had one go out and the main cub I use for everything has whatever came in it 25 years ago and I use it hard. --- granted no snow pushing or loader---thats what my yard machines 10 hp 28" 2-stage blower, and the skidloaders ( if needed), are for----way faster than blade and snow is gone---with blades you keep piling it higher to the point you run out of room and it just blows in deeper.---PLUS I dont do winter to start with, so I am not gonna be out there messin with a cub trying to start them in the cold. Blower sits in the little shed---110-volt starter on it, plug in to outlet, push button and go! ----life is good! LOL!! --- Not really good but you get the picture!

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Got my parts on the bench and rolled the Cub into the barn (shop). I’m working by myself but I doubt it’ll take me more than a day or two to get it split, fixed and back together.
I did go to the auto style roller bearing for as much curiosity as possible longevity.
Once it’s back together I’ll be able to form my own opinion on it over a graphite TO bearing.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"