This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hand crank stuck in radiator housing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
troweller
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hand crank stuck in radiator housing

Postby troweller » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:37 pm

The hand crank is stuck in the radiator housing. The pins are about 1.5 inches from the front of assembly. I can’t make it go forwards or backwards, but I can get it to rotate a bit with a pipe wrench. Any ideas on how to remove?
Attachments
257B512F-B49A-455B-95F6-0632ED9A7C1B.jpeg

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hand crank stuck in radiator housing

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

A come along hooked to something solid, then put tension on the crank pulling in the same plain vertically and horizontally as the crank. From the looks of the crank in the hole in the bolster, I believe that the crank is not a Cub crank. A Cub crank has a smaller diameter and does not fill the hole as your crank appears to do. I just checked my crank and it is 5/8" diameter and the fit in the bolster is very sloppy.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:49 pm

How long has the crank been in there? Give it a good spray with your favorite penetrant before trying Bill's suggestion.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

troweller
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby troweller » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you!!! I’ve been spraying it and it popped right with a ratchet tie down and a pipe wrench

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Looking at the firs picture it appears that the top of thee casting might be pushed up a little as if it has frozen at some time, though it may just be the angle of the camera, If it has frozen it may have also pushed the crank hole in to the point it trapped the crank. I have seen tracctors that happened on, and had to use a smaller than normal; crank.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!