This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NAPA filter to small

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Robert Cool
Zip Code: 28645
Tractors Owned: 1971International Cub

NAPA filter to small

Postby Robert Cool » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 pm

I picked up the 1153 filter from NAPA today and the filter center is too small for my cap bolt to go in. Anyone else have this issue?

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: NAPA filter to small

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:37 pm

Turn it around.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:03 pm

The NAPA filter is made by Wix, There was an issue with this a while back. Some reamed the hole larger, others returned them. Be sure you're assembling it correctly, the hole is larger in one end, Otherwise, I would just ream the center hole with a large alignment punch.

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000

Postby radioguy41 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:50 am

I get them from a CaseIH dealer and never have a problem.
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

Robert Cool
Zip Code: 28645
Tractors Owned: 1971International Cub

Postby Robert Cool » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:27 am

Yeah it's definitely too small of a diameter, the threads fit in both ends but the shaft of the bolt does not go through so I will try reaming it out thanks Don!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 am

As mentioned in a post above and in the link in one of the posts, there was a problem with some Wix filters a year or so back. I'm sure it was a bad lot or two, but those lots may have been distributed to more than just Steiner, and may have been distributed to some Napa stores. I had one of those and sent it back to Steiner who sent me another one when they realize there was a problem with some of the filters. They went through their inventory at the time and sent the bad ones back to the manufacturer. Napa may not know there is an issue unless someone brings it to their attention, if indeed, the filter isn't to spec.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:50 am

Here is the email trail to Steiner.

Elizabeth Whiting <elizabeth@steinertractor.com>
Fri, Jan 25, 2019, 12:51 PM
to me

Hi Terry,

Okay, I was able to get a bit more detail today. What we’ve found is that about 70% of the ones we have on the shelf right now have the improper cap. Right now, they are just sorting through them. He’s got the bolts for the cub and he tries them in each side and if they don’t fit then he puts it into the “Bad” pile and if they fit he puts it into the “Good” pile. We aren’t totally sure yet what Wix is going to do with the bad ones. What I’m going to do for you is to send you one of the ones he’s checked as “good” and then I’m going to send a prepaid label for you to return the other bad one. We are still hopeful that Wix is going to stand behind these and give us a credit for all of the bad ones, so I’d like to get yours included in that request to them. There will be a prepaid label in the package with the new one for you to send that back at my expense.

I hope that this helps! I appreciate you bringing this forum thread to my attention. I’m going to write up a response and post it there later as well so that other guys know what Steiner is doing. I’m also making sure that all of the staff here is aware of the situation so that they will be sure to provide no hassle exchanges to anyone in need. Thank you again for your willingness to share these type of challenges with me and help us improve our business. It means the world to me.

We value your feedback. Tell us how we are doing!

Email the Customer Experience Manager at: customerexperience@steinertractor.com

Elizabeth Whiting

Steiner Tractor Parts

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:41 AM
To: Elizabeth Whiting <elizabeth@steinertractor.com>
Subject: Re: Contact Us [ET-3583342270603266101]

Thanks. This batch got assembled wrong and put the same end caps on both ends. One end cap should have a 1/2 inch hole and the other end should have a 7/16 hole. The caved in side could had happened during shipping.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2019, at 7:19 AM, Elizabeth Whiting <elizabeth@steinertractor.com> wrote:

Absolutely, I’ll get this taken care of Terry. I’m going to admit that I was unaware of this situation and so I’m not sure how we solved it. If we have a new batch in or what the deal is. Give me a bit to figure that part out and I’ll surely get you squared away with the proper filter. I appreciate you bringing this thread to my attention. Once I understand what happened here and who is impacted, I’ll post back there and make sure that things are squared away for everybody on that thread. I’ll also probably get staff here to proactively reach out to anyone else that may be affected if I can figure out what lot was bad. Let me get a few more details on my end and I’ll be back in touch.

Elizabeth Whiting

Steiner Tractor Parts

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:14 AM

Morning, Elizabeth,

I ordered an oil filter for my Farmall Cub November 17, 2018. I haven’t installed it yet as I was waiting on spring. It was order number EW001215. But I noticed on this thread on Farmall in.com on the filter.

http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103127

So I finally opened the box and measured the holes on each end. They measured less than 7/16 which is too small for the bolt. I also noticed one side caved in a bit. According to the thread at Farmallcub.com your company acknowledged a problem on the abc093 filter and you would send a replacement filter. If so I would life to get one as this one is unusable.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 17, 2018, at 7:12 AM, Elizabeth Whiting <elizabeth@steinertractor.com> wrote:

Ah, I’m sorry, Terry! You are really helping me figure out the weak points though, so that’s a good thing! I had left the minimum subtotal blank on this coupon because it’s supposed to apply on any size order. I tried putting it at $0.01 today and now it works. Please try again and I think you will be successful. Your feedback has been very helpful and allowed us to work out some kinks. I appreciate you and the time you spent on this. You didn’t have to do that and I just want to thank you for not giving up on us!

Elizabeth Whiting

Steiner Tractor Parts

Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:06 AM

Thanks, after going into my profile I was able to find the abandoned cart. When I first put it in the cart, I was going to go back later in your site to see if there was anything else I wanted to add. So at the end of the day and I haven't ordered yet, I recieved an email for $13.00 off shipping using the code "CART". That seems to be no longer available either. It would be nice to get that promo code back. Thanks.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 3:46 PM Elizabeth Whiting <elizabeth@steinertractor.com> wrote:

Hi Terry,

I am really sorry that you are experiencing trouble. We needed to move to a more modern platform because of security concerns on the old one and also because of needing to have more speed and better mobile experience.

We are experiencing a few challenges today on launch day and I apologize for that. We cannot go back to the old site because of some of the regulations coming through for sales taxes and other concerns. However, I am hard at work improving the experience here. I have about a thousand products right now that didn’t get properly categorized and that’s why you aren’t finding your oil filter. I hope to have those resolved later this evening.

I think this is the oil filter that you are looking for: https://www.steinertractor.com/ABC093-O ... ith-gasket

Also, we did bring over your cart from the old site. If you login to this new site. Click on Profile and then on the left, Abandoned Carts, you will see the carts that were left behind on the old site. You can click the Activate button to reactivate that old cart on the new site.

I appreciate you working with us during this transitional time. I am confident that we can deliver a superior experience. Today has been a bit of a challenge, but I’m confident in the development team that we will get this together and have a good experience for our customers moving forward. I really appreciate you taking the time to write to us. If you’d like us to take your order over the phone, we’d be happy to phone you and help you that way as well.

I do apologize for the trouble you experienced and the inconvenience this transition has caused. If I can offer any additional assistance, please let me know.