This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What is this bushing made of?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What is this bushing made of?

Postby tst » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 am

3/8 iron pipe is that size,just cut a piece off

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:36 am

Tim, you surely mean 3/4" pipe, but then the bore is much larger than 5/8".

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am

Gary Dotson wrote:Tim, you surely mean 3/4" pipe, but then the bore is much larger than 5/8".

I'm sure that is what me means. In this case, that isn't a major drawback. If cut to the proper length, the bolt can be tightened so the pipe/bushing won't move on the bolt. The pipe OD is just a bit over 1 inch. It will probably fit in the hole of the arm and take up a little wear.

On the other hand, a steel bushing 3/4 x 1 x 2 is pretty easy to find and can be cut to length. Many places with a decent bolt/hardware section will have it or can get it. Just be sure not to pick up one that is 3/4 x 1 x 1-1/2.

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:24 am

Scrivet wrote:So if you're putting bronze bushings and/or grease zerks here, what have you done at some of the other "oil squirt points" that are (my opinion) much more critical and wear prone on a Cub?

I put a flanged bronze bearing on my right side rockshaft extension where the rod to the lifting lever arm of my 54 Leveling and Grader blade attaches as the hole was wallowed out and the rod had a deep groove worn into it. I drilled the hole larger and installed the bearing and welded up the groove in the rod end and ground it back to shape. So far, so good.

I also bought a set of molded delrin rockshaft bearings from Barnyard about 5 years ago for the front and rear rockshaft (manual lift). They don't show any appreciable wear. I haven't added any grease zerks and continue to periodically apply oil squirts at all other relevant points so long as they aren't getting too sloppy. I expect both fixes to last the rest of my life at least.

Jim
Jim

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”