This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 501 Has a New Home!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Re: Cub 501 Has a New Home!

Postby rjfcsa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:15 am

Very neat to hear. If it was mine I would try to get it back to near factory as possible. Since it was already repainted, and if I was not happy with the job. no harm in redoing it. I would even take the hydraulics off so it would look like the old photos.
If someone got word to the new owner I have #535 cub ugly but unrestored and you can see most of the decal placements and their sizes, which are much different than the decal sets you can get today. The Font on the McCormick Deering Farmall is different than anything anyone sells. Also PLEASE tell him DO NOT use the circle cub decals on the dog legs that come with any decal sets, they LOOK AWFULL. TST made me some for my loader cub and they are very good.
47 cub 3.jpg

47 cub 2.jpg

47 cub 1.jpg

I keep forgetting to take some better pics of mine. These are all I could find on the Computer
Russel Foster

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jackman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:11 am

Thats a fine pic of your Cub looks like a hard launch and quick run at the drag strip 8) :tractor: Image

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Postby rjfcsa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:06 pm

:bellylaugh:

Naw that on the air strip at the big show in Rantoul, I'z getting ready for takeoff. :lol:

Stevetractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 International Cub

Postby Stevetractor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Restoring Cub 501.....Now there is an awesome project. Hope to see lots of pics of the process. What a gem to find