This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front leveler mounting position

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lowboy66
Zip Code: 43465

Re: Front leveler mounting position

Postby Lowboy66 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 am

I may have to. I paid $100 for this one and I can't afford to buy another one right now and eat this one. That's assuming I could even find the right one.
I do appreciate all the help though.
Thank you

radioguy41 wrote:
Lowboy66 wrote:Yep I believe you're right. So I can leave and notch the fender and extend the shaft or I can cut the bar and re-drill if it's long enough. Either way I can make it work.

I don't believe you're going to be able to make that work. Look at the side by side comparison. There are significant differences including the angle of the mounting bar and the length of the adjustor. I think Don's got the right idea, get the correct parts.

adjustors-1.jpg

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I must say that up until now I had absolutely zero use for a tractor. But I wish I'd bought one anyway.
Thank you for all the quick answers.

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby radioguy41 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Here's another view, right now you have an adjuster that you could sell to recoup your expenses and apply toward the correct part. However, if you modify it and it doesn't work it's unlikely you could find a buyer so you'll be out the money and still have to buy a correct part. Just a thought.
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:24 am

Good point.

radioguy41 wrote:Here's another view, right now you have an adjuster that you could sell to recoup your expenses and apply toward the correct part. However, if you modify it and it doesn't work it's unlikely you could find a buyer so you'll be out the money and still have to buy a correct part. Just a thought.