This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front leveler mounting position

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lowboy66
Zip Code: 43465

Front leveler mounting position

Postby Lowboy66 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:56 pm

I take it there are different length front levelers or I mounted it wrong.
Attachments
leveler.JPG

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front leveler mounting position

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi,
You didn't say if the LoBoy has had a Fast Hitch all the time, or it didn't have one, and you are installing one.
The LoBoy Fast Hitch is mostly different from a Cub Fast Hitch. I'm not sure which parts are causing the problem. The LoBoy pull bar has different bends in it than a Cub pull bar.
Yours has no crank at the top of the depth control rod, that I can see in the pic, the rod is not supposed to be tight up under the fender.

Below is the Cub and LoBoy parts manual. You can look and see if you have the right parts.
The Cub Fast Hitch is in group 9, pages 4 - 9.
The LoBoy Fast Hitch is in group 9, pages 10 - 14. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/galleries/ci ... _Rev_3.asp
Last edited by Glen on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Postby Nelson 634 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Looks like the depth adjusting screw holding bracket needs to be leaned forward a bit. Maybe not in the right holes at the bottom.
Walter

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm not going to run out and look at a tractor right now. But I think you need to mount the adjuster assembly near the top of the final drive housing rather than near the bottom. The crank will end up well above the fender.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi,
Below is a page from the Cub parts manual, you can see the height and position of the crank in the top pic.

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 000-14.jpg

Below are pics of a LoBoy Fast Hitch at TM Tractor. You probably need the spacers for the fender, if you don't have them, shown in the 3 pics at the bottom of the page.
The red part at the rear is not standard from IH, the owner's manual shows. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ht_001.htm

Below is a page from the Cub parts manual, showing the fenders. The spacers are numbers 1 and 6 in the pic, it has to have the spacers shown in the descriptions for a LoBoy with a Fast Hitch.

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 013-09.jpg

All the pics are probably easier to see on a computer with a big screen, rather than a small phone.
Last edited by Glen on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I'm not going to run out and look at a tractor right now. But I think you need to mount the adjuster assembly near the top of the final drive housing rather than near the bottom. The crank will end up well above the fender.

I totally agree with Jim on this.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 am

Well I thought I messed up, the reason I mounted it at the bottom of the final drive is that is where the mounting holes lined up. it didn't look like they would line up up top.
However I will get back at it tomorrow and see what happens.
Thank you
Attachments
00404_5IgEnl6DR8X_1200x900.jpg

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 am

Glen wrote:Hi,
Below is a page from the Cub parts manual, you can see the height and position of the crank in the top pic.

Below are pics of a LoBoy Fast Hitch at TM Tractor. You probably need the spacers for the fender, if you don't have them, shown in the 3 pics at the bottom of the page.
The red part at the rear is not standard from IH, the owner's manual shows. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ht_001.htm

Below is a page from the Cub parts manual, showing the fenders. The spacers are numbers 1 and 6 in the pic, it has to have the spacers shown in the descriptions for a LoBoy with a Fast Hitch.

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 013-09.jpg

All the pics are probably easier to see on a computer with a big screen, rather than a small phone.

thank you, this is helpful i can see where the top bolt goes ill see what the bottom lines up with tomorrow.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:51 am

It appears to me that you have a depth control assembly for a standard Cub. This photo from TM Tractor Parts shows the assembly for a Lo-Boy.

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:20 am

Yep I believe you're right. So I can leave and notch the fender and extend the shaft or I can cut the bar and re-drill if it's long enough. Either way I can make it work.

Don McCombs wrote:It appears to me that you have a depth control assembly for a standard Cub. This photo from TM Tractor Parts shows the assembly for a Lo-Boy.

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:21 am

I have another question. What is the biggest rear plow blade you guys think it can handle. 5,6,or 7ft?

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Lowboy66 wrote:Yep I believe you're right. So I can leave and notch the fender and extend the shaft or I can cut the bar and re-drill if it's long enough. Either way I can make it work.

Don McCombs wrote:It appears to me that you have a depth control assembly for a standard Cub. This photo from TM Tractor Parts shows the assembly for a Lo-Boy.

There are other options. The one I think I would choose is to find and use the correct parts.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Glen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi,
I think you probably need to buy a depth adjusting crank assembly for a LoBoy.
Compare the pic of the assembly you posted, and the pic Don posted, there is a lot of difference in the length, or position of the shaft when mounted on the 2 different tractors. The mountings are different heights, and the shafts are different.

The hitch bail, at the front of the hitch, is already up high, it looks like in your pic, if you raise the crank assembly up more, it will be even higher.
The bail has to go down to low, to use a plow. You can see it's position in the parts manual pic.
I don't think it is fully down in the manual pic. Someone with a LoBoy might know how low it can be set.

The IH rear blade for a LoBoy was 5 feet wide, the LoBoy brochure says.
Below is the brochure, the pics are dark on my computer.

http://www.farmallcub.info/galleries/ci ... ochure.asp
Last edited by Glen on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000

Postby radioguy41 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Lowboy66 wrote:Yep I believe you're right. So I can leave and notch the fender and extend the shaft or I can cut the bar and re-drill if it's long enough. Either way I can make it work.

I don't believe you're going to be able to make that work. Look at the side by side comparison. There are significant differences including the angle of the mounting bar and the length of the adjustor. I think Don's got the right idea, get the correct parts.

adjustors-1.jpg
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

Lowboy66

Postby Lowboy66 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Thank you.

Glen wrote:Hi,
I think you probably need to buy a depth adjusting crank assembly for a LoBoy.
Compare the pic of the assembly you posted, and the pic Don posted, there is a lot of difference in the length, or position of the shaft when mounted on the 2 different tractors. The mountings are different heights, and the shafts are different.

The hitch bail, at the front of the hitch, is already up high, it looks like in your pic, if you raise the crank assembly up more, it will be even higher.
The bail has to go down to low, to use a plow. You can see it's position in the parts manual pic.
I don't think it is fully down in the manual pic. Someone with a LoBoy might know how low it can be set.

The IH rear blade for a LoBoy was 5 feet wide, the LoBoy brochure says.
Below is the brochure, the pics are dark on my computer.

http://www.farmallcub.info/galleries/ci ... ochure.asp