This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tank Emblems

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
k9sicem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52002
Tractors Owned: 1960 LoBoy named "Verona"
1930 Ford Model A street rod named "Half Fast"
1939 Chevy 1/2 ton truck named "Stella"
1954 Chevy 1/2 ton truck named "Ester"
Circle of Safety: Y

Tank Emblems

Postby k9sicem » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 pm

How do I remove the Farmall emblems off of the gas tank? I would like to repaint the tank. My Cub is a 1954.
"Always start out the way you want to end up"
Grandpa Franke

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tank Emblems

Postby Glen » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi,
IH changed to the metal names during 1954, at serial number 185001, I guess you have one of those Cubs.
The names have metal pins welded on the back sides, that push into holes in the hood. The holes have round clips in them that grip the pins.
It is better to push them out from the backside, so you don't break the welds loose from the stainless steel, they usually fit tight in the clips. Easy to get to the backside, if you have the hood off.
Leave the clips in the holes in the hood.

Below is a listing from TM Tractor for a new nameplate, you can see the pins and clips. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/tg/817fp.htm

The McCormick names and the front emblem are attached the same way as the Farmall Cub names.