This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

So, I had a thought...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TallCoolOne58
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub "Mule"

Re: So, I had a thought...

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am

I also have a Carry-all, forget the exact size..2'×4' maybe. Angle iron, steel mesh. For 2" standard square tubing for Class 2, 3 and 4 receivers. Use it on my Burb to haul deer to the processor, keeps the mess out of the truck.

I vaguely remember a post about purchasing a bumper hitch that had 2" square tube, from I think Harbor Freight. Attached to drawbar, so you could use a Carry all on the back. Since my Cub came with a plate bolted to the drawbar, and both 1-7/8" and 2" trailer balls, and I bought the trailer, I kinda shelved the idea, but now, I may resurrect it, to make additional use of the carry-all. Already have an extra ball mount, to be able to tow the trailer as well. Hmmm.

Sure do like the idea of a set of forks for the front tho.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Winfield Dave » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm

TallCoolOne58 wrote:
Winfield Dave wrote:My loader forks made from pipe. Have worked perfectly for several years now.

Well now. How much weight have you lifted without breaking anything?

Quick answer - enough.
Was moving some blocks today. 18 total on this pallet.

IMG_2362.JPG
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

TallCoolOne58
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub "Mule"

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Sweet. Looks like you have a fork set on your Cub front end loader. Any load bearing on the lower half of the bolster, or mounted diff than 54A?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Winfield Dave wrote:My loader forks made from pipe. Have worked perfectly for several years now.

Fork 3.JPG

Yes, but that is on a 1000 loader, which is a bit different than a blade frame.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6