This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rocker shaft arm hitting fuel tank

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rocker shaft arm hitting fuel tank

Postby Glen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi,
Below is the Cub 54 Blade owner's manual, it has lots of info. There is a pic of the lift parts on page 5.
Nothing is supposed stick up past the rockshaft arm so far as yours has.

You don't use the manual lift shown in it, if you have Touch Control. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

The blade in your pic looks like it doesn't have much ground clearance.
I think there have been posts on here about making the parts yours is missing, with measurements of the pieces.

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Postby Posco » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:17 pm

Glen wrote:The blade in your pic looks like it doesn't have much ground clearance.
I think there have been posts on here about making the parts yours is missing, with measurements of the pieces.

Hey, Glen

It doesn't have much clearance and most of the time it isn't a big deal. I use the blade to move logs around while building my cabin and it becomes a pain on eneven ground. Occasionally it will fetch up on a stump I didn't cut off close enough to the ground. Not a lot of give when that happens.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Posco, see how much give it has when you are plowing snow in 3rd gear at about 1/2 throttle or a little more, it it catches on a frozen in rock. The rock stops the tractor, and the steering wheel stops you. The steering wheel hurts you some, but the spinner knob gives a whole new meaning to the word pain.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!