This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cultivator set up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Sdec
Zip Code: 30512

Cultivator set up

Postby Sdec » Wed May 31, 2023 8:35 pm

Just curious what set up and size sweeps most use, I’m just trying to see options since I’ve not used any yet, spacing and size sweeps.
Ready, Set, Go! Lol

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cultivator set up

Postby Glen » Wed May 31, 2023 10:35 pm

Hi,
The Cub 144 Cultivator is a 1 row cultivator. It goes under the middle of the Cub and on the rear.
Below is the operator's manual for it. You can read about it.
You don't use the manual lift lever shown in the manual if the Cub has Touch Control. :)

https://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.cle ... index.html

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Clemsonfor » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:59 pm

You can use whatever set up you like. J believe I have 10 or 12s in the back. Up front I have half 8" in the middle then I believe a 10 either side just outside that and I was leaving a spot and I just threw another 6orb8 outside that. Depends on your soil what you can pull but unless I sink the set up I have deep it has no trouble pulling them in second gear in my red clay.

Sdec
Zip Code: 30512

Postby Sdec » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:05 pm

Clemsonfor wrote:You can use whatever set up you like. J believe I have 10 or 12s in the back. Up front I have half 8" in the middle then I believe a 10 either side just outside that and I was leaving a spot and I just threw another 6orb8 outside that. Depends on your soil what you can pull but unless I sink the set up I have deep it has no trouble pulling them in second gear in my red clay.

This is what I was after, Just what someone else is using, I’ve 12’s for the back and 4 8’s, they just came in and I’ve not even put it the garden yet, all brand new to me, thanks for your reply, it will be fun experimenting!

Return to “Farmall Cub”