You gotta be kidding, A warranty on these!

Barnyard

Moderator
Staff member
I went to our local Rural King for a fell supplies yesterday. I prefer RK over TSC anytime. Any how one item I picked up waqs a 25 pack of Milwaukee Sawzall blades. When I checked out the girl at the counter asked if I want the extended warranty for an additional $6.00. I looked at her and asked if she was kidding. She said, "Yeah isn't that crazy. They're supposed to wear out, right?"

So I passed on the offer figuring there had to be a catch somewhere and I would be out my $6.00.
 
Just got to love the printed warranties.

Pay postage to return the product. Product must be returned along with $6.00 for postage and handling, original receipt, original packaging, abuse will be determined by the factory.
 
A few years ago I bought from Home Depot a package with 3 files. One round, one triangle and one flat for $10 with a lifetime warranty. I asked the tool manager what did that mean? He said if they ever wear out bring them in and get new ones.
Fast forward about 5 years. The flat one was worn pretty bad with the others still fairly good.
Home Depot exchanged new package for old one with no questions asked.
 
An old boss of mine ran over his Craftsman garden hose with the lawn mower a few years ago. He brought in the pieces to his local Sears and left with a new hose. I thought that was pretty fraudulent on his part. Look where Sears is now...
 
Sears quit guaranteeing claw hammers many years ago. The sales guy at the store I went to said just in his store alone, a local roofer would come in three or four times a year with a five gallon bucket full of broken hammers.
 
Back
Top