Yard Sale Find

Barnyard

Moderator
Staff member
We happened to see a yard sale this morning so I figured "what the heck, let's stop". The lady and her sister were trying to clean out the garage that their father had packed full of stuff he had drug home (much like Melissa will have to do when I pass on). They had four brand new 6" casters laying out. Since I use these a lot, I buy them up at flea markets all the time for 4 or 5 bucks apiece. I asked how much they were and she said she would take $1.00 apiece. Naturally I said I would take them. She said she had more in the garage if I was interested. I figured why not. I knew I would use them and I would pay more if I waited until I found them at the flea market.

We went back to the garage to get them and saw there were about a dozen or so more, but they would have to dig them out from under everything. I told her I would take them all. She also pointed out an old corn grinder stuffed in the corner. I asked about it and she said to make an offer. I told her I had to run down the road on an errand so I would think about it and stop on our way back to pick up all the casters after they got them out. She was okay with that. When we got back she said she found 107 casters. Wow, but at the price I said I would take 'em all. Then she said she had gone on the internet while we were gone and found corn shellers selling for $150 on ebay and other sites, but would sell this one for $100.00 (not a bad price around here). I said I would think about it as we load the casters.

After we loaded everything, I made a lower offer on the sheller and she said that was fine with her. After we got it out of the corner her husband saw several big boxes and said they must be the lights they had been looking for. The lady told him to open the box and make sure. I told her I would help get them out while I was there. The first box he opend was more casters. I told her I would buy those too. After opening every one of the 6 boxes he found they all contained casters. In all there were over 70 casters in that corner. On the my truck they went.

So, after loading a total of 170 casters and a corn sheller we were on our way home.

IMG_2479.jpg
IMG_2481.jpg
IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2486.jpg
 
That’s a nice sheller but I was thinking I’d be seeing that IH cookie cutter you want when I opened this :lol:
 
Shane Nelson":253fdjde said:
That’s a nice sheller but I was thinking I’d be seeing that IH cookie cutter you want when I opened this :lol:
We check all boxes at all flea markets/yard sales we go to for that cutter.
 
170 casters wow 8) I dig a good yard sale score :{_}: , long time ago I bought a pair of mint Colt Python grips for 9 dollars found in a box collecting dust.
 
Barnyard":tefkfn5w said:
We happened to see a yard sale this morning so I figured "what the heck, let's stop". The lady and her sister were trying to clean out the garage that their father had packed full of stuff he had drug home (much like Melissa will have to do when I pass on).

I'm wondering how many boxes of casters Melissa will need to get rid of. :) :) However, it is a really good score.

Bill
 
Bill Hudson":16nld3vl said:
Barnyard":16nld3vl said:
We happened to see a yard sale this morning so I figured "what the heck, let's stop". The lady and her sister were trying to clean out the garage that their father had packed full of stuff he had drug home (much like Melissa will have to do when I pass on).

I'm wondering how many boxes of casters Melissa will need to get rid of. :) :) However, it is a really good score.

Bill
I'm wondering how many she can screw to the underside of his casket? No pallbearers needed if it's downhill to the cemetery.

I suppose the corn sheller will be really easy to move around very soon, along with about three dozen other things.
 
Back
Top