Wow, Mother Nature was in a bad mood today

Ken (48 Cub)

501 Club
We got very lucky today here in Metro Louisville. The storm system split and went north and south of us. We had some high winds and a little rain but no hail or damage. God Bless our Indiana neighbors that were not so lucky.

I hope everyone on the board was as lucky.

The sky was very scary to say the least! :shock:
 
Glad to hear you are OK as well as Dale and Walt up in Tenn. Its been touch and go around here for the last several hours but we narrowly missed the bad stuff. One storm with a tornado passed just south of Maysville along I-85. Still having heavy rain as I type this. Hope Country faired OK looked bad in his area as well as Phil Winters. Hope everyone is OK and will report in in the morning.

Ron
 
Yeah, these storms are tough. We need to keep all those affected in prayers of general.

Mother nature has shown her "excess" on everything for the last couple of years and looks like this may unfortunately be another record setting year. Even this excessively mild winter, may lead to excessively stormy spring.
 
I recieved calls today from my immediate boss and the one a step above him asking how things were here. It's good to have a job like that where you know management cares about your personal well being. They live on the otherside of the river in Kentucky and had some damage around them. One boss lives downstream of the Ohio river across from Indiana and said he had debris in his pasture that had addresses from one of those Indiana towns. The storm carried things pretty far. I called Ralph to check on things but there is no answer at this time. I'm sure he will let us know how he faired.
 
Bill
Thanks for the call and concern.
all is well here at my place the storms went about 20 miles south of me .

Mother nature can be a mean ol Girl when she wants to..................
 
Glad you are OK, Ralph. As well as everyone else on here.

I got close to 6" of rain, but fortunately no serious wind. We are fine.


Roy
 
Glad to hear you folks are OK yes Ralph she alway rule things like this no question ask. I have talked to guys from IFD & INTF-1 a fema team they are at awe at the damage.
Be SAFE
Jeff
 
The stroms went just north and just south of us. We made out with no problems. I was wondring how everyone else faired.
 
My aunt & cousin live 3 miles east of Henryville, and luckily they only had some trees down and lost power, of course.
Their neighbors had some trees through the roof, so everyone's huddling around the fireplace keeping warm. It barely made it above freezing today, so keeping warm is a chore without power. (I doubt she had much wood cut ahead)
I'm about 40 miles north of them and only had a piece of tin blow loose from the barn. Lots of rain too. Prayers out to those not so fortunate..
 
Son had serious wind damage on both sides of him. He was lucky, only lost power. He lives in the University City area north of Charlotte, NC.
 
Back
Top