Will Winter Never End?

I hate to exercise. Much rather do manual labor, that way I can see that something accomplished. Exercise, nothing visibly accomplished.

Been one boring winter, day time temps have been well below normal except for a couple of days with above normal temps. Not getting my usual exercise - manual labor.
 
Was in the 70's last week, now colder than a Witch's assets in brass undergarments, LOL. Disked about half the garden yesterday. Freeze warning tonight. Still to cold to garden!
 
25 degrees this AM. Burr! Smartest thing I've done lately was to locate the coat hooks over the heat vent. When furnace is on (not heat pump) I have a nice warm jacket to put on!
 
Don McCombs":2lc1bii1 said:
No sunshine and no temperatures much above freezing for the next ten days. I've had enough!!! :(

Don, stay away from Florida! That makes you soft,and you can't take the cold, when you get back! Ed
 
Don:

Anywhere from 12 to 20 feet or so. Depends on the year. We usually have at least 2 major thaws that will reduce the levels on the ground but snow can fall right up till June. And it has happened in the past. They keep snow plows on the heavy equipment until at least April 15th and must keep plows on 10% of the fleet until May 15th.

Did I mention I love snow :lol:
 
snowfall.gif
 
Your mean amount seems to be in the 10 foot area over the last 6 decades with a few aberrations up into the 20 foot range. Wow :D Global warming is interesting isn't it :?: :D We are in basically flatland almost with a mean elevation of about 200' asl. Having snows like we do (nor'easters) and the winds added to the mix (nor'easters) can make for interesting conditions.

You are also in the Apalachians right? or kind hilly/mountainous terrain? That 20 foot snowfall of yours - that was the pics you posted a couple years ago. I think we had similar conditions at that time in 2010 .. huge snowfalls, not record breakers but one after another after another. Made for interesting times. Insulation properties though did help with the heating :wink:
 
Elevation here is 2650 feet. The majority of our big snows are either nor'easters or Alberta clippers. Probably half, though, is lake effect snow off of Lake Erie. The largest single event snow in recent history was 54 inches in 2003.
 
Yep, all the Spring flowers are in full bloom now. I notice even the Pecan trees have budded out. Sure sign of Spring.

And I have carb that still needs you. Come on back down!!
 
Same here Don but that is no consolation to you, we re freezing our butts off. and we have a lazy east wind to deal with as well :evil:
Donegal Cub.
 
OK 2013 Spring,,,where are ya????? Next week not even close to 40.. Last year in the 70s and 80s..Be nice to see the 40's and go for a walk!!!! Chickens made it through the winter,,,even they are getting ready for warmer temps!!!! Kevin....bees do OK for the winter Don??
 
Well this season we got the 30" snowfall i been hoping for, was it fun, not really but after it was plowed i was happy.

Remember the year we had snow every three to four days non stop till spring. This was the first year i had the plow on my jeep cj7 and on the wenesday between christmas and new years i just opened up the garage door after i finished welding the brackets on the snowplow. From that wenesday on we had snow. This year seems to be one of those years. My jeep tractor developed an oil leak wether its the head gasket or a gasket leaking i can't touch it till spring just incase i open a can of worms and then it will sit. Its still running but i check the oil level often. My int154 needs a clutch and the driveshaft splines are worn but its still pushing snow ok. I have all the parts to repair it too i'm just waiting for the warmth to do it. I just wasn't ready this season the way i usually am.
Next year i hope the fcub will be up and running with the snowplow along with my 154 w/FEL too. Its fun to plow snow with different tractors.

I also need to figure out how to speed up my cub cadet with the single stage snow thrower. It just throws the snow into the next path. I guess thats right?? I may play with the diameter of the belt pulleys and have the highest HP engine on the cadet.

Report another big snow storm due here next week, she's dropping 1 fioot of snow right now but it may intensify as it hits the ocean. Great with the 50's in temps due here too. If this mixes with the colder temps this could be a real snow maker. I hope we don't get another 30"........
 
Back
Top