Went to the range today

redfin

501 Club
We went to the indoor range today for a little practice and a little comeptition mixed in. Have to love a climate controlled shoot. There is always a picture or two taken and always one shot that stands proud above the rest. This time it has to be the free Advertising I seem to have done for Boss Hog . I sure wish it had helped my score tho... :D :D

representing_Boss.JPG
 
Sounds like the little gal set your tail on fire again didn't she Jimmy. :lol:
It's been a hot one here today and hotter tomorrow so I know it's got to be really bad down that way. Nice to have a place to get away and enjoy some shooting, even if you did loose. :wink: :lol:
 
That about sums it up Yogie. The high spot of the day was knowing I helped teach the young lady to do such a fine job at it , both accurately and safely. :D :D
 
Bigschuss":2zysmkfj said:
Nice!

Is that by chance a Walther PPS?

Blair
I'll take a guess and say Tarus Millenium Pro 9mm, looks real close to the Slim 709 I just picked up. :{_}:
 
redfin":36vwu322 said:
Yogie":36vwu322 said:
Bigschuss":36vwu322 said:
Nice!

Is that by chance a Walther PPS?

Blair
I'll take a guess and say Tarus Millenium Pro 9mm, looks real close to the Slim 709 I just picked up. :{_}:


Yogie knows his Taurus... :D
I would have got a little closer Jimmy but all your hair kept getting in the way. :lol:
 
Glad you had a good time. We also did a little shooting this weekend - Cowboy Action shooting. We shot ten stages with 25 rounds per stage. Annie won first place in her catagory and had one miss for the two days. I shot a clean match. We had a great time with some great Pards. It was called "Smokin' Guns on Rabbit Ridge" in Byhalia, MS. :D :D
 
Just a suggestion.. looking at the pic, I see you're crossing your left thumb on top of your right. Its just a little thing, but we teach officers to "stack the thumbs".. left thumb parallel and below the right (for a right handed shooter of course).
The advantage is that it puts a small amount more of the left hand in contact with the grips. Putting your left thumb on top of the right lifts the "pad" at the base of your thumb away from the grip. For single shooting, not such a big deal.. but for quick, successive shots, (like when you're double tapping the bad guy in your living room) it will give you more control of the weapon, AND, since we play like we practice, its best to always shoot that way. (muscle memory).
Just my two cents.
 
sgtbull":35yvg7i8 said:
Just a suggestion.. looking at the pic, I see you're crossing your left thumb on top of your right. Its just a little thing, but we teach officers to "stack the thumbs".. left thumb parallel and below the right (for a right handed shooter of course).
The advantage is that it puts a small amount more of the left hand in contact with the grips. Putting your left thumb on top of the right lifts the "pad" at the base of your thumb away from the grip. For single shooting, not such a big deal.. but for quick, successive shots, (like when you're double tapping the bad guy in your living room) it will give you more control of the weapon, AND, since we play like we practice, its best to always shoot that way. (muscle memory).
Just my two cents.

Thanks for the tip Kelley , point is well taken. :lol: We will play like we practrice , my high school coaches drilled that one into us daily. :D :D
 
Wasn't too long ago people turned their noses up at Taurus. But these days, lots of folks are shooting Taurus, and they're darned good! Last fall I bought a used PT1911 45ACP, and I love it. Very accurate, lots of quality upgrades, and solid as a rock.

Also, listen good to sgtbull---my son says the same thing about that left thumb...especially after his mom laid the top of her thumb open to the bone with the slide on his Glock!--Ouch!!

Jim, brang that fine pea-shooter with you for StoneThrow, and we'll give it a workout over here at Pond Creek!

Corky :jeep:
 
I'm with ya, Corky. Several years back I picked up a used Taurus PT99, 9 mm, stainless (a Beretta knockoff). It had a set of wraparound grips and fit my hand perfectly. Fell in love with it the first time I picked it up. No regrets.
 
I'm sprting a Taurus too. I picked up a 6" Judge this year for carrying in the woods. But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide. I am wanting to get a reloader I think one 000 ot buck with a 4 and 6 shot mix on top of it would be a great critter defense round for the woods.

430697_2360309822127_1246057944_n.jpg


I really need to get out to the pit and shoot more.

Billy
 
cowboy":s5flpu9j said:
But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide.

Billy

If it had a smooth bore it would be illegle under the 1934 firearms act.
The only .410 pistol that works is the T/C Contender. It's barrel is rifled, but has a choke with straight lands to stop the wads spinning. I get a 12" pattern at 20 yards with 71/2 shot. Very nice for squirrel hunting.
 
Virginia Mike":tr3ki82v said:
cowboy":tr3ki82v said:
But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide.

Billy

If it had a smooth bore it would be illegle under the 1934 firearms act.
The only .410 pistol that works is the T/C Contender. It's barrel is rifled, but has a choke with straight lands to stop the wads spinning. I get a 12" pattern at 20 yards with 71/2 shot. Very nice for squirrel hunting.

Thanks Mike

I didn't know that. I wonder if my brother cam make my rifling strait.

Billy
 
cowboy":rv4ec1lk said:
I'm sprting a Taurus too. I picked up a 6" Judge this year for carrying in the woods. But I wish they would have made it a .410 only with smooth bore with a choke. If I want to shoot bullets I'll carry a semi. I think the rifling spins the wad and at 30' the pattern is almost 8' wide. I am wanting to get a reloader I think one 000 ot buck with a 4 and 6 shot mix on top of it would be a great critter defense round for the woods.

430697_2360309822127_1246057944_n.jpg


I really need to get out to the pit and shoot more.

Billy
The Judge and S W Govenor have been so polpular that there is ammo marketed for them. They were so popular until recently it was difficult to find a used one at a reasonable price.
 
Corky's Cub":2z88mqvt said:
Wasn't too long ago people turned their noses up at Taurus. But these days, lots of folks are shooting Taurus, and they're darned good! Last fall I bought a used PT1911 45ACP, and I love it. Very accurate, lots of quality upgrades, and solid as a rock.
I agree Corky , Taurus handguns are a bargain for sure.

Also, listen good to sgtbull---my son says the same thing about that left thumb...especially after his mom laid the top of her thumb open to the bone with the slide on his Glock!--Ouch!! For sure

Jim, brang that fine pea-shooter with you for StoneThrow, and we'll give it a workout over here at Pond Creek!

:{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: yes sir !!!! :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :D :D :D

Corky :jeep:
 
redfin":1y0t61ox said:
That about sums it up Yogie. The high spot of the day was knowing I helped teach the young lady to do such a fine job at it , both accurately and safely. :D :D
I used to be a competitive rifle shooter and also was a certified instructor in addition to assisting our local pistol instructor with his defensive pistol classes, and I guaranty, being showed up by your daughter is no reason to be embarrassed. No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. Believe me, I know.
 
Back
Top