Trailer Ramps

Jeff Silvey

501 Club
Well after many years of moving the old ramps around I decide to get new ones. Got these from Northern Tools. Each ramp is rated at 2500 LB, 5' long, 12" wide so I think that the pair will work for me total 5000 lb total. They are lighter. I wish they were a little higher at the trailer but of well. I will keep the old one just in case I need them.

Old & new'

IMG_1568.JPG
 
Look's good and very useful! :{_}:

How about cutting a wooden wedge the width of the ramps and extending down to the first crossbar. Thick edge high enough to match trailer deck. The thin edge wouldn't have to be so thin tucked in behind the crossbar. Use two/three carriage bolts on each one and another piece of wood underneath as a clamp and you wouldn't even have to drill any holes. Easily removable if it doesn't work out or you change your mind.
 
Don't know whether it would interfere with anything else, but you could also add another ramp channel above the existing one.
 
Jeff, I like those ramps and can easily see the difference in height between the trailer and ramp, but I think if you get a running start your Cub will get over that hump. :D
 
Jeff, if your cubs cannot pull across that small mismatch, then you need to bring them to a Cubfest for a tuneup. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
I like those! The one thing about my trailer I really dislike is those heavy @#@#&* ramps.....when I load/unload I'm usually looking for a ditch to back into!

Al
 
Back
Top