tornadoes

Our counties reverse 911 system called and said a tornado touched down in to the west of us about 5 miles away. That had Rosie and the dogs head for the basement. I was an idiot and stayed out (but close to the door) to watch. All I saw was the sky starting to clear. We had wind and rain but nothing hard and heavy. After watching that video of those guys moving that barn by hand a few weeks back, I"m glad I don't have to get the town together to help me move mine back in place.
 
Cindy and I were in the Meijer on Washington Street and it hailed so hard I couldn't hear Cindy talking. The parking lot was covered with hail stones (pea to marble) size, it looked like one inch of snow had fallen. Luckly it was soft enough that it didn't damage to car.

Larry
 
It was forecast to nail us again, but skirted us to the North and the south.
 
I didn't have any damage but it hit in many locations around the county. Some sections look like a war zone. Trees, out buildings, roofs torn off, power lines down. a lot of damage close by. It hit in two different times.
 
Bigdog":30i44yfa said:
I heard that David Cole's area got hit hard. Has anyone heard from him?
I haven't heard anything from him. He is in Marysville which is about 35 miles from where Steve Buttram is currently deployed. Maybe Steve will try to contact him while he's there. Henryville is half way between David and where Steve went and that town was just about destroyed. I was looking at video of full size school buses that were picked up from a school yard and hurled several hundred feet across the road. One video showed a bus that landed on top of a restaurant. There was still plates food on one table where people had been eating just before taking cover.
 
I text David Cole he sent back we are OK. 1 mile away real bad let everyone on the Forum Thanks No power for up to 2 wks. He did say they had hail the size of softballs. that will leave a big mark. I told him if he needs anything to get ahold of me.
 
Back
Top