daddydip":olzbf8qo said:
They are made by Resound Dan, all in ear, because of the eyeglass arms things were getting crowded back there :lol: :lol: :lol: I went to have them checked out today and the right wasn't working so back to the shop for repairs. Thing about it was I thought something wasn't right but just couldn't put my finger on it.
My new hearing aids I picked up in Oct. are made by Resound also Michael, they do have an add on that allows you to hear the TV over what others can hear. I haven't watched TV for near 15 years so I passed on that option.
I've suffered with severe Tinnitus for around 25 years now, that's one of the reasons I sleep 3 to 5 hours a night because once you wake up there's no going back to sleep again. The aids have helped a little but come no way near covering the ringing.... I've found that watching what I eat and drink can keep it to where it's berable. Stick to no caffeine drinks, things like dairy products effect mine, chocolates of any type can shoot mine through the roof the instant I eat it.
I can also tell when it's going to rain by the increase in the ringing. Tones and volume change, sometimes I think this is all that keeps a person sane at times. Tinnitus not only comes from working around loud noise but it's also hereditary, my dad and grandfather both suffered with it.... I'm very cautious around Grayson and make sure he has hearing protection at all times when needed, since his case of Encephalitis last Fall his hearing is the only side effect that's been noticed. His hearing is super sensitive now and most all assemblies at school he sits out and stays in the room with his teacher working with computers. I've provided protection for these events but both he and the teacher enjoy the quiet classroom time.
My aids are also needing some work done to them but I've decided to wait until after the Bash before returning to the doctor so I won't have to read lips. Mine are the behind the ear type and have 3 different hearing levels built in that I can change myself. The first 2 levels are for public use while my 3rd is used only for bow hunting, for many years I've hunted with the only sound being the ringing and the sound of the bow being released after a shot.
I think at times my doctor has the patience of Jobe... :lol: When I started wearing them we had to start out low and work up, I didn't realize everything out there makes a noise from my truck turn signals to every bird flying by so it was all a little overwhelming at first.... :shock: :lol:
The aids do cost a lot but hearing everything in digital stereo is worth it, mine were $4,200, insurance covered only the services and the aids were out of my pocket.