Ticks.

The Doctor told me deer got a bad wrap. He said Lyme actually comes from the field mouse and the Deer just carry the tick. I had Rocky Mountain spotted fever from one. Put me ICU for a week so when I fine one I go antibiotics
 
Oh man. Yeah it is always "deer tick" , which comes from mice to deer via tick. Firstly, glad you are alive and cooking.
 
Fleas came off the rats and caused bubonic plague. 24,000,000 people died. That is too great a number for me to believe or even comprehend. Could it be that ticks ate some of the fleas ? No. They weakened the immune system.
 
My wife pulled a tick off our daughter night before last, our son had one crawling on his arm last night. These 2 were so small you could barely see them. Where are these small ones coming from? I figured they would be a little bigger this time of year.
 
The small ones are the problem ones. The small ones about the size of a pencil lead can have Lyme...I say that living 15 miles from Lyme, CT...origin of the problem years ago.
 
"smell good or something" This is true . Within my family and others I know about, certain members are attacked by every chig, squito, tick. Then others are near immune. I have and keep remembering to have, a certain pair of socks. I'll put those on before getting into any yard work. They are fairly drenched with deet and I should remove them now. This stuff isn't doing me any good. One thing or the other. :surrender:
 
I have three or four broods of turkeys in the yard they come in three different times. All summer no ticks, just a couple on my outside cats recently. Turkeys are here for the cracked corn, sunflower seeds but like tics too.

Grandpa working in the garden had a garlic necklace. :hattip:
 
Yes. I haven't thought about that for a long time. Garlic was to ward off "evil spirits" . They didn't know that some mite or flea was the source. Some people eat a lot of garlic and smell like it. They are the survivors' descendants.
 
I have three or four broods of turkeys. They do three shifts through my property eating birdseed and all the ticks are free. Not a bad tick season so far.
 
It is wonderful. Three or four broods at shifts. They aren't chickens and Ben Franklin wanted them to be the National Bird.
 
Back
Top