Dusti Snider
501 Club
After 15 years of faithful service I finally traded my beloved '97 F350 4WD SRW XLT. I ordered this truck brand spankin' new in 1997. It's been a great truck all these years and never given a minutes trouble. It was begining to show it's age some at 117,000 miles. It had a tiny bit of rust beginning on the right rear wheel well, in spite of twice yearly motor oil baths. It was geared awful high, 3:55 and the big 460 V8 got 10mpg regardless of highway, city , or towing.
A couple weeks ago I noticed this truck sitting on the Ford Dealers used lot right across from my office. A few days later I checked on it and ended up taking it home for a weekend test. I brought it back to them and just chilled on it for a week or so. We finally got together last evening on it and done the deal. It's a '99, only 2 years newer than mine, but it has 69,000 one owner miles. It's got the big V10, 4WD Auto, limited slip 4:30 gears. XLT Lariat. It's in unbelievable shape, clean as a pin, inside, outside and underneath. The truck was registered in Florida, it's owners lived in WV and towed a 5th wheel with it to winter in Florida. Never seen more complete, comprehensive service records kept on a vehicle. I don't think I could've found a better used truck for the money I put into it...it should last me for years...
A couple weeks ago I noticed this truck sitting on the Ford Dealers used lot right across from my office. A few days later I checked on it and ended up taking it home for a weekend test. I brought it back to them and just chilled on it for a week or so. We finally got together last evening on it and done the deal. It's a '99, only 2 years newer than mine, but it has 69,000 one owner miles. It's got the big V10, 4WD Auto, limited slip 4:30 gears. XLT Lariat. It's in unbelievable shape, clean as a pin, inside, outside and underneath. The truck was registered in Florida, it's owners lived in WV and towed a 5th wheel with it to winter in Florida. Never seen more complete, comprehensive service records kept on a vehicle. I don't think I could've found a better used truck for the money I put into it...it should last me for years...