Spring??

So far the late winter and spring have both been cooler and and wetter than normal. Several degrees below normal for the last month or so, and several inches above normal on rain. Being an old geezer with arthritis I am not so crazy about the cooler part, but the wetter than normal part is good. We had been nearly a foot behind in rain over the last 8 months or so, but are now a little ahead, though some of it came down so hard it just ran off into the creeks. Most of the farms in this area had been out of grazing since late June or early July, so this rain is good. I looked out my window this morning at the frozen rain and sleet left over form last night, and out in my road where it is crushed rock was a lone robin pecking at the grit. First one of the spring, I guess I can be happy now.
 
John,
More rain is in the forecast this week, I believe. The little wintery mix last evening was interesting, with the thunder and lightening that went with it.
 
Currently below freezing. Some of last nights now still on the vehicles.

Crocus blooming as well as the crab apple tree.

Daughter takes any fruits I have available and makes jelly. This may be a lot of effort, thinking about harvesting the crab apples, boiling down, freezing, vacuum sealing. Problem is that the crab apples are only 3/4" in diameter.
 
liquid slush fell here last night then froze on the vehicles. the new loboy has fresh paint so the water beaded up and looked like water but when touched it was solid ice blobs. its wet n gray n foggy and has yet to make it past 40 all day. where is my global warming I was promised? short winters, early springs etc.
 
Well! I just turned on my A/C!! Played tennis this morning, and had to slather on the sunscreen!! I think it is in the 60's!!! :big smile:
 
:lol:
As I began reading your post, I THOUGHT you were going to say, with my address and enough money...you would be heading down here to enjoy the sun!!! You really made me laugh! I do have plenty of room...you snowbirds are welcome to come down...you can help me with my SA! :D :beer:
 
Was in Lebanon, MO over Saturday-Sunday. Heard the forecast for Sunday's rain/sleet/snow and decided to head back home early Sunday morning to beat the bad weather. Arrived home just as it was beginning to sleet.
Good timing. :wink:

Ended up with 2" of sleet/snow mix. Northern MO received 5"-6" of snow. Happy days in Missouri. If you don't like this weather...just wait, it'll change.
 
I've always wanted a daddy warbucks to adopt me. While I am waiting for that... I think I need a sign.
Will Wrench For Sunshine & A Room
 
Dale Finch":2wf93oej said:
:lol:
As I began reading your post, I THOUGHT you were going to say, with my address and enough money...you would be heading down here to enjoy the sun!!! You really made me laugh! I do have plenty of room...you snowbirds are welcome to come down...you can help me with my SA! :D :beer:
That would work too, but I would also need money for a motel room going each way, no longer than I can drive at a time. As to helping work on the SA, well, I am good at watching
 
31 degrees last night, was up to 67 with severe thunderstorm warnings, and tornado watch,for most of afternoon, low of 26 tonight. Welcome to the Missouri roller coaster. Can match anything Six Flags has to offer.
 
Been down to 9* a few nights ago, last couple nights in the teens.--only around 30* for highs. Winds last night 35+ mph all night, today down to 22 mph.---Onion plants still look ok! ( for now)! thanks; sonny
 
Ok....2 to 3 inches of snow Monday....cold rain then up to low 60's yesterday....windy today and cold tonight!!!! We are going straight into summer I think this year
 
we are getting slow melt off now.
about 1/2 the snow in the last picture is gone
the basement has not flooded yet this year
usually you can fish the trout opener down there as it runs threw and out the back door

Mike
 
Back
Top