Spring is getting close

Eugene

501 Club
Soil temperature down to 4 inches is just below 50 degrees. At 2 inches, 55 degrees.

Garlic, planted last fall, has sprouted. Time to remove the straw from the strawberries. Asparagus should start popping up in any day.

Really looking forward to spring.
 
The asparagus better keep it's nose down, I haven't mowed last years fern yet! I went out and started the cub today, been sitting since November. Sputtered only a bit and settled down. Need to get the clipper on but the breeze made it cool. Temp 45. The rhubarb is coming but I would rather the asparagus stayed down for another month. Vern
 
I am glad the ground hog was wrong about 6 more weeks of winter in my area. It has been wet but the temperature has been for the most part in the 50's. First tractor show of the year on the 10th.

Rodney 8)
 
I burnt off my asparagus patches a couple days ago. Previously, actually since last fall, has been a moderate drought area, restricted burning area.

Going to do a very moderate expansion to garden area at son's house, mostly water and muskmelons.

Since it's only wife and I at home any more, we only need a few fresh vegetable at a time. Local farmer market, 3 days a week during vegetable growing season. Can buy vegetables as needed. Much easier to buy a tomato or two, than to have 50 ripe tomatoes on the vine.
 
spring is a ways away for me, got a foot of snow today, 50 mile an hour winds, 100,000 with no power in this area, trees and wires down all over, will be a while before power is back, glad I keep my generator up and ready to go
 
Back
Top