spray cans stop working

Tom Clark

Member
Hi! This is probably not where it should be posted. I am taken advantage of this nice weather doing some work on a cub and equipment getting ready for summer. I am having trouble with aerosol cans they stop working before all the fluid is gone. some half some more than half left. Kroil, wd 40, paint same thing. This is not new problem for me . I just don't know why they stop working. any ideas? Thanks! Tom
 
Hi Raymond,
That looks a good tip I never saw that before and it would be worth trying. I have found when using paint spray cans that when you are finished using the can and there is still plenty of paint left in it, I pull off the little press nozzle and give it a wash in thinners and slip it on again without letting out paint then your nozzle is clean and not clogged up and all ready for use at a future date.
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.
 
Always try to keep the can upright while spraying if possible. If you turn the can upside down to clear paint from nozzle don't let more gas out then is necessary.
 
I've been trying something like that for probably 20 years or so, and have had virtually no luck. (some times I got a little more out) Although I will say I had no idea how much pressure the can would hold so maybe I didn't get enough pressure to do much good. I've also tried this on plugged spray paint, but most of the time they just plugged right back up.

I probably will try this method though. It looks like it may work better, especially if you regulate the amount of pressure going in.
 
Back
Top