So How About A Governor Noise - '46 "H"?

TomBolton

Member
My new '46 "H" has what sounds like a noisey bearing in the governor. I have searched and searched for anything on this topic and not found much of anything. I reckon that's a good sign that they hold up well. I haven't ordered the manual yet, and haven't pulled the side cover, just wondering if there's something that is common that I should be looking for. Any suggestions will be welcome.
 
Not sure if the H is the same as the M , I recently went through ours , it was trashed, obviously the front and rear bearing were shot.
The rear bearing slides against the weights, there may be a metal to metal condition you can't see, is it oiling good?
PM me with any questions I have been through them. Will be glad to help in any way.
Phil
Gov_Trashed_%28Small%29.jpg

Gov_Restored_%28Small%29.jpg
 
I don't have my books moved over here yet, but I think the H and M gov's. are the similar! I looked it up once but that was quite a while ago! thanks; sonny
 
Back
Top