Snow 2014

Jeff Silvey

501 Club
Well only thing I'm going to say darn. I'm glad I'm on light duty from work. We got about 12" of snow. The wind is brutal plus the cold. Indy & area around Indy is on a Red Status as most of the State of Indiana first time sense the 1978 blizzard. Is everyone doing OK? DSCF is looking better every day.
Be SAFE
 
The first half of the storm came as rain in Columbus. Really glad that it stopped when the temp got below freezing... About 4" of snow, but the same predictions of low temps today. -13 Took the wife to work @ 5:00 AM and the interstate was blocked by an overturned 18 wheeler. (was right beside the exit, so I was able to get to my destination) Lots of power outages in Indy according to the TV. I hope everyone stays warm & inside if possible.
Regards,
 
Well it looks like I'll be plowing again today. I called into work this morning to say I wasn't coming in today and to my surprise got a recording saying they were closed due to the state of emergency declaration issued by the local government. That's the first time I've had my place of work close due to weather since the blizzard of '78. More seat time today, it might be cold but It's still seat time.
 
Staying inside. No intention of clearing drive until at least tomorrow. Wind would just fill it in. More snow predicted but appears to be going mostly north of us. Lake effect stuff. (Air moving across Lake Michigan warms from the lake and picks up moisture which it drops when the air comes to the cooler land.) If you haven't seen lake effect watch it on radar if it is still doing it.
http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php
Vern :D
 
Apparently, what you guys got as snow, we got as rain. We had a little snow overnite, but not much. A big temp. drop since last nite.
 
I feel for ya, Jeff. I thought we were going to get that, too. Glad we didn't.

Gary Dotson":35nwesv5 said:
Apparently, what you guys got as snow, we got as rain. We had a little snow overnite, but not much. A big temp. drop since last nite.
Ditto Gary, as of Saturday, our forecast for yesterday and last night was for 8-12" of snow and wind. While it was raining all afternoon yesterday the forecast was changed to 2-4" of snow. :shock: But when it started to get colder last night it changed to snow. We only got 2 or 3" with wind and had 0 degrees at 6:00 am and should have 12-13 below zero today by mid afternoon.

I had a 7:00 am Dr. appt. this morning and had no problems. Just icy roads and strong cold, cold winds. Candy had two Dr. appts. today in Lima, but they both called to cancel due to more snow, cold and ice up there. Candy has a Columbus appt. tomorrow. Will be a cold, cold drive.

I'll take the cold and ice we have and glad to not have the big snowfall. With the winds, we would have been drifted in. Gonna stay in now and wait on tomorrow's drive.
 
Right now it is -2º in the barnyard. We didn't get any of the snow predicted for us. It looks like a nice day to stay in and work on a secret project I have been planning. :lol:
 
We got about 10" of snow (2" was predicted). I plowed on Saturday. -5* this morning, already warmed up to +3*. Tomorrow and Wednesday it's supposed to back into the 40's.

Bob
 
Just saw the noon news. The original track of the storm was to be Louisville, Cincy, Dayton, Columbus, etc. Instead it went further west right over Indy. Sorry about your luck, Jeff. :( If not for the shift, it would have been Barnyard, David Grapes, me, Bigdog and Bill Hudson. :worthy: :thanx:
 
Back
Top