Show Us Your Motorcycles!!

WOW RM500 must have been a real power house to ride, did not even know Suzuki made one :o in the 70's I rode a TM400 what an untamed bull that was, really hard to ride had a power band like a switch full on or full off almost nothing in between...
 
It is really cool to see those old bike pictures. :{_}: Rodney, I'm an old Maico rider too!! My first one was a '76 AW250 that took me from the B class to the A class. I also raced a '78 400 Maico and an '81 490 Maico. I rode Yamaha's between the Maico 400 & 490 because of a sponsorship deal. I quit racing for 20 years before starting again when I was in my mid to 40's. I restored my '76 250 Penton that was stored in the barn and raced in sanctioned AHMRA motocross races.

This picture was taken just after I got it back together. Yeah, I had to stiffen up the suspention a bit. :lol:

normal_1976_Penton_MC_5.jpg


I also raced hare scrambles until shortly after turning 50 on my 250 KTM.
 
This was my first bike when i was 18. It was a Honda CBR 600
download/file.php?mode=view&id=13122
Then i got into road racing small 50cc bikes and had 6 of them but have sold 2 so still have 4, 2 are street legal and can be rode on the road. They are Yamaha YSR 50's
Then sold the 600 and got a Honda CBR 900 RR and had a bad wreak on it. Broke both ankles, collar bone, and skin graft. Then got another CBR 900RR and sold it right after i got marred. I know it was the right thing to do cause i could not ride it like i had an since as you might can tell. If you ride bikes then you know it is hard to do without a bike so i bought a Honda Helix 250. It will only run about 70mph and no matter how hard i try it will not do a wheelie. Just got back from the yearly 4 hour ride to the Beach yesterday. Had a great time. I dont have any pics of it, but will try to get one and post it soon. I still have alot of bikes, 4 of the YSR 50s, 3 Honda z50s, a Honda ZB 50, and a Honda CRF 230 which is a dirt bike. Just dont have much time to ride with 2 kids.
 

Attachments

  • cbr900 f.jpg
    cbr900 f.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 334
  • cbr900 b.jpg
    cbr900 b.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 334
  • cbr900 1.jpg
    cbr900 1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Ysr 50.jpg
    Ysr 50.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Ysr racing.jpg
    Ysr racing.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 334
  • First bike.jpg
    First bike.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 334
Clint,

Love those wheelies, man. I used to have a ball riding wheelies.

wheelie1_%28Small%29.jpg


9-12-11_edited_%28Small%29.jpg


I used to travel to Santa Fe Speedway near Chicago to compete in their wheelie contests. It was a 2 hour drive from home but man, I made good money doing it.

Santa_Fe_Wheelie_%28Small%29.jpg
 
Ricky, I did the amateur hill climb with my Dad, brother, two uncles and a cousin. We lived near Aurora Il at the time and traveled to Buchanan and Three Rivers Michigan, Middlebury Indiana, Dickeyville Wis, and several places in Illinois.img016.jpg This is from Peoria Illinois in 1975 if I remember right.

img023.jpgThis is from Peoria Illinois in Oct 1976.
Joined the military in 1976 so the hill climb adventures faded away but still did a lot of dirt bike riding until 1987 when I didn't have the spare time to continue the dirt riding.
 
If I were a betting man, I'd bet this hill was in Buchanan. I was up that hill may times. Never competed in any hill climbs but rode at the gravel pit and surrounding trails for years before I started racing.

file.php


They still run the hill climb in Middlebury, IN.
 
Well I don't have a motorcycle, have had a few over the years, but I am sure enjoying seeing all the pictures you guys are posting, pretty interesting thread!

Thanks for sharing,
 
ricky racer":3fpuj5m1 said:
If I were a betting man, I'd bet this hill was in Buchanan. I was up that hill may times. Never competed in any hill climbs but rode at the gravel pit and surrounding trails for years before I started racing.

file.php


They still run the hill climb in Middlebury, IN.

It is Peoria, we went there twice a year and I don't remember if it was 74, 75, or 76.

Ricky was that a YZ a 250 or 400 ? I rode a friends YZ 400 once and it was wicked fast around 1979.
 
Rodney,

That is a '79, YZ 400. It was a great bike. I sold it to buy my wifes wedding ring. :? I guess if I'd of kept it, it would just be cluttering up the barn, but my wife still cooks for me!! :||): I guess it was a good deal. :lol:
 
Rob in NH":blzbi6cw said:
here is mine, got it brand new in 71. there were a group of guys in my area that used to ride these on the street legally.

Rob that picture brought back a lot of memories that I have not thought about for many years
When I was 14 I was getting into a lot of trouble so my mother sent me to the fathers (divorced parents) house in Raymond NH for the summer. He lived on the same road that the state park is on. I was still getting into trouble so my father bought me a used Honda 90. I had great fun driving that thing all over the place so I did not have time to get into trouble. The Honda 90 meet its demise one Sunday afternoon I was in the woods near the state park and stalled and was trying to start it up again when the carb caught on fire I could not put out the fire so I ran to a neighbor’s house who grabbed a shovel and walked back to the Honda 90 well good thing the guys wife called the fire department because when we got back to the bike about a 50 x 50 patch of woods was on fire. The fire fighters showed up and put out the fire and put the poor burnt Honda 90 in the back of the fire chiefs pick up and he drove me back to my father’s house. The fire chief dumped the burned up bike in the drive way. When my father came home I was very upset he looked at the burnt bike and said to me does this mean that you are going to starting getting in trouble again.
 
ricky racer":rvice9sv said:
Rodney,

That is a '79, YZ 400. It was a great bike. I sold it to buy my wifes wedding ring. :? I guess if I'd of kept it, it would just be cluttering up the barn, but my wife still cooks for me!! :||): I guess it was a good deal. :lol:

Ricky, my wife says I married her so she could by my motorcycle parts. :lol: :lol: We have been married 33 years. :||):
 
Ride down the twisties on My Kawasaki S3 yesterday I contemplated doing this
file.php


Then I came to he realization that you guys is crazy :applause: , and my S3 is just not up to that type of performance so I better not :wink:

Good pics Clint and Rick :{_}: I ve never done those types of tricks but I did do a lot of big air jumps on the RM's but by to days standards tame..
 
Iet me tell you, i have fell off doing that before going about 60 MPH and it dose not fill good. One slip of the foot or a small gust of wind is all it takes. I dont do that anymore but i will still do the wheelies on a z50
 
Well,I still have my 1985 Electra Glade with well over 340,000 miles on it...Its charging system kept up with the 4th of July and the regulator let the smoke out...All brand new parts...Clutch is acting funny also..I'll still ride it anyways ...I MISSED IT after 3 years in the hole[basement[Running great also...I love riding my 28 year old!! Not lets find a picture!!! 149845_453911631455_3013366_n rats !!!C:\Users\kevin\Pictures\n1272822131_26079_7332.jpg rats again!!!
I give
It was tan and cream back then..
 
John,

I just had to post this picture. I stopped at a friends bike shop the other day and saw this sitting in the shop.

Jawa_%28Small%29.jpg


Thought it might bring back some memories.
 
Not quite this pretty anymore, but still have it... 1972 Yamaha 200 (twin) Bought new my Junior year in High School. 10,000 miles. Not currently in running cond. :(
 

Attachments

  • 528068_469724149705941_940442955_n.jpg
    528068_469724149705941_940442955_n.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 249
John *.?-!.* cub owner":1ov9oqsu said:
Sold it around 40 years ago, but this is the same model I had, Jawa 250. very plain, but rode good. 2 cycle with oil injection, and clutch cam on the shifter leaver.
0003edc36clccplk.640x480

picture from Yakaz

Jawas are still one of the bikes to have for ice racing just north of here.
 
Hey All,

Here are a few of my current rides. Most of them were total wrecks when i bought them. I love bringing old bikes to life.

Scott
 

Attachments

  • bsa2.jpg
    bsa2.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 201
  • duc1.jpg
    duc1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 201
  • ossa 1.jpg
    ossa 1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 201
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 201
Back
Top