John *.?-!.* cub owner
501 Club
I have been rebuilding the deck on my ZTR, and was down to the point of sand blasting today, and with all the emphasis on selfies lately I thought I would post a couple. My blaster will only handle fine sand, and the only fine sand available locally is the white silica sand, however, the dust from it is a carcinogen, so precautions are required.
I wear a poncho to keep the sand out of my clothes, I hate standing on my head to dump my pockets. I used to take care of the phone systems for some lead mines and smelter, and they issued me a MSA (Mine Safety Association) respirator and a box of filters, which meets the requirements. The shiny tube coming out the bottom is so my breath will not fog the face plate in my hood.
Finally, this is what I was working on.
I wear a poncho to keep the sand out of my clothes, I hate standing on my head to dump my pockets. I used to take care of the phone systems for some lead mines and smelter, and they issued me a MSA (Mine Safety Association) respirator and a box of filters, which meets the requirements. The shiny tube coming out the bottom is so my breath will not fog the face plate in my hood.
Finally, this is what I was working on.