Scenic Ride

Jim Reid

501 Club
I left home early Sat. morning on my way to WCU to watch my granddaughter play softball I took the scenic route from Boone,NC to Asheville,NC via the Blue Ridge Parkway about 120 mile ride it travels the crest of the blue ridge mtns.it is over 400 miles long from VA.to GA.it's a beautiful journey especially this time of year when the leaves are turning colors along my route I stopped at MT.Mitchell the tallest point east of the Mississippi acid rain has been blamed for the dying of the old growth trees but I was glad to see new growth speed limit of 45MPH gives you time to enjoy the scenery I have seen the Canadian Rockies and lots of other Mtns. but if you are in the area the trip is worth your time.the only downside of the journey I was reminiscing about my YOUNGER years when I used to climb some of these hills hunting grouse and deer in the Pisgah National Forest the good side is my granddaughter is home for a week (fall break).

Jim
 
My sisters and I were just in that neck of the woods after running away from Hurricane Matthew a couple weeks ago. Had to stay west enroute to Chapel Hill because Matthew followed us on our return!!! Leaves were just starting to turn when we were in the Nantahala area. It's a beautiful state!! Y'all come vist! :big smile:
 
A few years ago Paula and I traveled that route from Waynesboro, VA. To exit for Charlotte Nc. In October it truly was beautiful.

Berlin
 
Wife & kids & I rode up to Pilot Mountain yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful! The leaves haven't changed near as much as I thought they would have already. We went to Gatlinburg a few weeks ago, I love the mountains!
 
Beautiful area, Skyline Drive as well.
Love camping at Skyland and having deer stroll right through the campsite while you're making s'mores.
Wife got a great pic of a black bear along the side of the road from the backseat of the motorcycle, I asked if she wanted me to stop....... she didn't!
 
Back
Top