round and round

DanR

501 Club
This is from the Fed-Ex site. 3/10 Arrived 12:59 AM Grove City OH
3/10 Departed 3:59 AM Grove City OH
3/11 Arrived 7:55 PM Fed-Ex location Grove City OH
Maybe next week. (Me)
 
Dan - I share your frustration. Grove City (a suburb of Columbus) is about 30 miles from me. I have tracked packages to their facility only to watch them get shipped to Cincinnati. Then back to the Columbus post office before coming to our local post office adding 2 days to the delivery time. There are times I would gladly drive the 30 miles to pick up an item at the facility to save the 2 days of waiting.
 
Here there is no good "shipping center" for Fed-x or the big brown truck. So I ship exclusively through USPS.

Many rural locations, Fed-x will just put the package in the mail as it is cheaper than driving their truck around out in the country.

On a side note, My dog Punkin, "Hates" the big brown truck and it's driver for some reason. I gave him permission to just throw my stuff into the yard if I am not there to get her in the house. It's kinda funny, cause that is the only vehicle she act's that way to.
 

Attachments

  • 1331508620699.jpg
    1331508620699.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 1331508595440.jpg
    1331508595440.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 231
Dale Shaw":5a2zd56o said:
Here there is no good "shipping center" for Fed-x or the big brown truck. So I ship exclusively through USPS.

Many rural locations, Fed-x will just put the package in the mail as it is cheaper than driving their truck around out in the country.

On a side note, My dog Punkin, "Hates" the big brown truck and it's driver for some reason. I gave him permission to just throw my stuff into the yard if I am not there to get her in the house. It's kinda funny, cause that is the only vehicle she act's that way to.

Funny you say that about your dog. "Strange" trucks pull into the farm all the time buying hay or a calf or a steer and the dog is wagging his tale. UPS guy has to shut his door and honk the horn when he pulls up because dog won't let him out. :lol: Must be summin about the brown.
 
My Black Lab Tequela barks and jumps so fierce she scares the pants off of every one who comes to the door. I open the door and she starts to lick their hand or now with the warmer weather their leg. Scares the pants off of them. Paper girl says i can't believe the change from closed door to open door.
 
Yippee! The package is finally on it's way after a much needed rest in Ohio. Expected delivery Thursday. Funny that I get Fed-Ex ground from Calif. in three days but from Ohio it's seven. Is it the weather?
 
I think that like a lot of big companies they get a glitch in their systems and until they get enough complaints for someone with the authority to fix it to investigate it just goes on and on. Post office used to have a problem that a letter coming here from NE Mis. took 1 to 2 weeks. FedEx used to have a problem that packages traveling between here and Kansas City on the opposite side of the state were frequently either delayed, or lost. Both problems appear to have been fixed,but I assume that is all computer routing, and until there is a reason for someone who cares to look into it, it stays the same.
 
Too bad you guys don't have a major UPS hub in your cities like Louisville :) 2nd day air will get there/here overnight in most cases. But now that I think about it......we had to loose the IH plant site for airport expansion :(
 
i shipped a package from paris on friday to texas. via USPS. Some of the contents from within the box arrived at my place on monday. Now tell me how that happened.
 
I ordered some parts on monday afternoon, arrived this morning. Less than 24 hours. I do not know where they were shipped from, but the phone order was taken in Nova Scotia. Delivered by FED EX.
 
Well, it seems the Fed-Ex driver missed the exit ramp from I-75 to I81. The package went to Atlanta Ga. Fed-Ex handed it off to good 'ol USPS. It's at the Greeneville PO now. Our ever reliable R/R lady will deliver it tomorrow. Hope the driver didn't get in trouble.
 
Back
Top