roller coaster ride

2:30 Monday afternoon, 70 degrees and breezy. 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, 34 degrees, and winds 15 to 20mph. WOW, what a ride. Between 2am Tue and 8am Tue temp dropped 20 degrees.
 
Tuesday morning 7:00, 61 deg F
Went and worked in the barn for a hour and a half before going grocery shopping.

Tuesday morning 11:45 45 deg F Breezy
Back from grocery shopping, did not work out side.
Not ready for this weather yet but I am glad I don't live in South Dakota anymore.

Rodney 8)
 
Been inside for two days. Either get blown away or frost bite going outside. Forecast says another 7 to 10 days of this stuff.

Got potatoes sprouting in the basket on the kitchen counter. Internet search says I can plant potato eyes in late fall. Ground is not frozen yet, think I can sneak outside and plant a row of potato eyes.

Actually looking forward to receiving the garden seed catalogs.
 
Put the front blade on this afternoon, will probably mount the chains tomorrow. The best way I know to eliminate a big snow is to be ready for it ahead of time. 8)

Mowed the lettuce bed off today and turned it under. I always hate it when I have to do that, but we have had all the fall lettuce we could eat for over a month. Usually only lasts for a week or two. My walk behind tiller is needing the seals on the tine shaft replaced. Been waiting to do that project till the lettuce was done.
 
Texting back and forth with Erik (oldest son) in Helena, MT today.
High temperature today = 6 degrees.


High temperature today in Stafford Springs, CT........68 degrees.

Cold is supposed to hit us Thursday night and carry into next week.

Peter
 
It was 2* here when I walked the dog this morning. Our thermometer never got above 8*. Projected to be below 0* tonight and probably break the record low.

Bob
 
Something to do for next week to 10 days. Not looking forward to this.

Daughter dropped off a narrow framed Cub Cadet for rebuild this winter.

Ross steering sector in need of repair. Spare steering sector in garage, full of grease, needs to be degreased in the parts washer, to find the needed repair parts. Unheated shop building, cold solvent. Think I will keep the pickup truck running with heater on for instant warm ups.
 
These work great in an unheated building, and run about 14 hours per tank at full blast. If you use a lower heat setting or only light one burner, they will last quite a bit longer Available from $80 to $100 on Amazon
41AXRA5FEML._SY450_.jpg


http://www.amazon.com/Century-000-Doubl ... ne+heaters

I have the Mr. Heater which I really like, it includes tip over safeties. I did have trouble with the safeties on mine about 8 or 9 months after I bought it, and called them. 2 days later new safeties were in my mail box. Great customer service.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-MH30T-O ... ne+heaters

I only use mine intermittently, and a tank usually runs 1 to 2 months.
 
John - I just bought one of these. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I have a friend who has a couple of them and I know they work well.
 
Back
Top