Repurposed (And Repaired) A Building

freedhardwoods

Active member
Twenty years ago I had a lumber drying business. This is the building I used to dry lumber. When I closed the business, I stuck in quite a bit of lumber I had left over and a few other things. Recently, I decided to clear out the building, and use it for equipment in tool storage.
A couple of years ago I noticed signs of termite damage. When I got into the building, it was pretty bad. The building had settled on the 10'x24' door and I had to jack up the building to get the door out of the way. It is some pretty crude repairs, but the building should last a few more years.20260907_112358.jpg20260907_115935.jpg20260917_144108.jpg20260918_095930.jpg20260911_090636.jpg20260911_093102.jpg20260913_135739.jpg20260919_191856.jpg
 
Sure is a shame. Any plans to prevent more damage?
In my war with a couple ground hogs a few months ago, I poison gassed the building. I didn't see any termites while working on it the last 2 weekends, so I think I accidentally got rid of them. I may spray around the base to help keep them away.
 
This is what it looks like from the back wall of the building. I intend to store my 230 in here as well as a few other things.

20260920_155340.jpg
 
Back
Top