rainy day

0509151008.jpg1 inch of rain yesterday and another inch this morning so I decided to take care of a honey do job. We had a small pan that originally was non stick, but it had begun flaking off, so for the last 15-20 years it has only been used to boil eggs. My wife likes hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and it is also used to boil them for potato salad or chef salads, etc. As a result it had calcium deposits 3/8+ thick in spots. I took it to the shed and made a few passes with the needle scaler, followed by a light round with a cup wire brush in my angle grinder, and it is ready for another 20 years or so of boiling eggs. :lol:
 

Attachments

  • 0509151013.jpg
    0509151013.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 330
ScottyD'sdad":gol4fnws said:
Used for chipping paint and rust.

I've seen some videos on YouTube since my original post. For those of you who use them, do you find them practical? Is it a valuable tool or just a nice to have?

Ken
 
Spent WWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to much time attached to one chipping non-skid off the deck of a U S Navy Guided Missile Destroyer. I really have no desire to operate one again for some reason.
 
I have 2 main uses for mine,

1 - If I am doing a lot of welding, cleaning the slag off the welds.

2 - For items that have a lot of coarse blister type rust, such as the inside of wheels they are great, but it is a good idea to wear hearing protection, those bigger wheels make great sound boards. And of course, eye protection anytime you are using one. After using them on the coarse rust I follow up with sand blaster or wheel. Takes much less of either one if scaler is used first.
 
I use one the same as John does. Descaling rust, paint, and cleaning off slag. It works well for those hard to reach areas that an angle grinder won't get to. I also used it to knock years worth of splattered concrete off of some rims from a cement mixer. They work better than you might think and with a lot less air born dust, and whatever you cleaning up will need finished with a sand blaster or wire wheel. ...and in case you missed it they are extremely loud! Northern tool and others offer an attachment if you already have an air hammer, I've used the attachment many years without a problem.
 
Back
Top