Rain Rain Rain

Tezell

501 Club
We have had 7 plus inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it is still coming down. Looks like another 3 or 4 inches on the way. Add this to the 8 inches we got a week ago and.......................there will be no corn planting for a while for me. :( :( :(


photobucket-46495-1361653152401_zps52bd39f0.jpg

photobucket-48768-1361653120663_zpsf42854f2.jpg

photobucket-4120-1361631971445_zpsb8a900ba.jpg
 
Mr E":23jrotis said:
Tim,
Looks like we are getting some of this one. My wife says our rain gauge is about full. :)
You were posting this just about the time I was passing by on I-10. Some of it was hitting hard. It was no fun to be driving in but there was no problem staying awake. After 2 Cubfests and a tractor show, I got home last night.
 
Glad you made home safely Mr. Jim.

Since I first started this post we have gotten another 3.4 inches and they are calling for 3-5 more tonight and early tomorrow morning.
It is the wettest here in Jakin that it has been in years. We needed it. I just hope it does not damage anyone homes and property though. I am afraid it will. By in the morning we could have over 25 inches in the month of February alone. That is amazing!! :big say what:
 
Tim, you are right about the amount of rain you"ll have had down there this year. I was watching the news this morning and they are forecasting some bad weather down there so keep your head down and try to stay dry. It's suppose to start raining up here this evening and last through tomorrow. This has been the wettest winter up here I have seen in a while.
Roy
 
I just emptied 4.25 inches out of my gauge. Had 4.5 during the weekend. Lots of rain, plus what we are in for tonight.
I will have to do some road work when this is over. :wink:

Glad you made it home safely, JIm. Thanks again for coming to DSCF. We really enjoyed your company.
 
If we had an equivalent moisture amount in snow, I'd have to climb out the second story window to get out of the house. :shock: I guess you know how to deal with it down there, but I'd have a swimming pool in the basement where there wasn't supposed to one.

Bob
 
Oh my, that's a lot of water! It looks like we escaped the south just in time! We left Flywheelers on Fri. to visit friends in Daytona, the rain was moving into the area as we were leaving Sun. morning. We hit rain for about 15 min. about 20 miles north of Daytona, the rest of the trip was dry. I hope all you southerners come through this ok!
 
Gary, the rain was very much needed. Would have been nice had we got it a bit slower pace, but we will take it how we get it. :D
 
Yes, like Mr. Roy said, it was needed.

I have seen it come down faster here before though. About 10 years or so ago we got 18 inches in 12 hours. There was a line of thunder storms that was just sitting in one spot and "training" over us. That was the most water I have ever seen at one time. The Ford dealership here in town had water up above the outside mirrors on those nice new Ford F150's.
About a fourth of the homes in Donalsonville had some sort of water damage. It was a mess. 20 miles either side of here and they got very little rain.

I have had 22" of rain so far in the month of February, most of that in the last 14 days. My entire yard and pasture(what that is not under water) is "spongy". Almost like walking on a wet sponge.

It will be a while before I can plant my corn. :x
 
Yes, like Mr. Roy said, it was needed.

I have seen it come down faster here before though. About 10 years or so ago we got 18 inches in 12 hours. There was a line of thunder storms that was just sitting in one spot and "training" over us. That was the most water I have ever seen at one time. The Ford dealership here in town had water up above the outside mirrors on those nice new Ford F150's.
About a fourth of the homes in Donalsonville had some sort of water damage. It was a mess. 20 miles either side of here and they got very little rain.

I have had 22" of rain so far in the month of February, most of that in the last 14 days. My entire yard and pasture(what that is not under water) is "spongy". Almost like walking on a wet sponge.

It will be a while before I can plant my corn. :x
 
Back
Top