I recently purchased a tractor that is in rough used but still serviceable condition and which, through my own investigation , I think it is a 350 with Torque amplifier transmission. Serial number on the Wisconsin historical society shows to be built in February 1956 and the cast number on the engine shows to be manufactured in January of 56.
Motor number 362743r2
C-159
Head number 312514
2da. Between # 3 and 4 cylinder.
1-3-b. on block just below firing order.
Serial 23628. Sj.
I want to return it to working condition but someone has taken the starter off of it and I need to locate a starter it is been converted to a Delco alternator and I assume that this conversion change it to a 12 V system
So my questions are those the Delco conversion change what kind of battery it needs to be on it and is there a source for this starter it's a three bolt style at all I've been able to find is the two bolt style 6 V starters. So if there's a part number for the starter or a link to a source I could obtain one from. I'm not trying to make it a show piece. Just a working piece of equipment that I can use on my property.
I would post pictures but I can't see any button for posting pictures here so unless somebody can inform me as to how to do that I can't post any. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer on this topic
Motor number 362743r2
C-159
Head number 312514
2da. Between # 3 and 4 cylinder.
1-3-b. on block just below firing order.
Serial 23628. Sj.
I want to return it to working condition but someone has taken the starter off of it and I need to locate a starter it is been converted to a Delco alternator and I assume that this conversion change it to a 12 V system
So my questions are those the Delco conversion change what kind of battery it needs to be on it and is there a source for this starter it's a three bolt style at all I've been able to find is the two bolt style 6 V starters. So if there's a part number for the starter or a link to a source I could obtain one from. I'm not trying to make it a show piece. Just a working piece of equipment that I can use on my property.
I would post pictures but I can't see any button for posting pictures here so unless somebody can inform me as to how to do that I can't post any. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer on this topic