Ok, so in 2001 I purchased a Sears 2400 PSI Craftsman Pressure Washer with a 6HP Briggs and Stratton Intek engine. This was mfg. by Briggs for Sears. This past weekend, went to use it to find out one of the valves in the pump had failed. Disassembled the pump, found the broken valve and that is where this odyssey begins.
Sears Parts Direct - Parts No Longer Available
B&S - Yup we've got - oopppssss now we don't - when Sears discontinues a model, they make just so many spare parts then they are gone.
PartsNationwide.com - No Longer Available
eBay Nothing
Equipatron.com - No Longer Available.
Briggs, told me - that must be a very old pressure washer - Good God it's only 12 years old. It's a good thing they didn't manufacturer F-Cubs, else we'd have sent to China for the steel 45 years ago..... I told the CSR, I can find parts for a 65 year-old tractor than I can for this pressure washer. She found that hard to believe.....
Suffice it to say, I WILl Not Purchase a product like this from Sears.
Disgusted in Altamont.
Ken
Sears Parts Direct - Parts No Longer Available
B&S - Yup we've got - oopppssss now we don't - when Sears discontinues a model, they make just so many spare parts then they are gone.
PartsNationwide.com - No Longer Available
eBay Nothing
Equipatron.com - No Longer Available.
Briggs, told me - that must be a very old pressure washer - Good God it's only 12 years old. It's a good thing they didn't manufacturer F-Cubs, else we'd have sent to China for the steel 45 years ago..... I told the CSR, I can find parts for a 65 year-old tractor than I can for this pressure washer. She found that hard to believe.....
Suffice it to say, I WILl Not Purchase a product like this from Sears.
Disgusted in Altamont.
Ken