Pikes Peak

I put my life in Zack's hands. I let him drive from Amarillo tx to Colorado Springs, with camper. We dropped camper in RV park and he drove to the top of Pikes Peak and back down. He still has white knuckles and i pushed a hole in the floorboard lookind for the brake.

I think i saw Bob's house from up there.
 
You've got to keep those brakes cool on the decent. As I was driving our dually down it last time we were out there, we had to wait while an ambulance came up to haul out a couple of young girls who over turned their car after their brake faded. :roll:
 
Mike in Louisiana":3budi0q0 said:
I put my life in Zack's hands. I let him drive from Amarillo tx to Colorado Springs, with camper. We dropped camper in RV park and he drove to the top of Pikes Peak and back down. He still has white knuckles and i pushed a hole in the floorboard lookind for the brake.

I think i saw Bob's house from up there.

Don't pick on my favorite Zack! You're still posting, aren't you?
Ed
 
Mike in Louisiana":3gpgos78 said:
I put my life in Zack's hands. I let him drive from Amarillo tx to Colorado Springs, with camper. We dropped camper in RV park and he drove to the top of Pikes Peak and back down. He still has white knuckles and i pushed a hole in the floorboard lookind for the brake.

I think i saw Bob's house from up there.

Mike wanted me to post proof that he made it to the top! :lol:

image-L.jpg
 
Roy, I see the sign, but where are you? You're supposed to take a selfie if no one offers to take your picture for you.

Bob
 
Bob McCarty":3fvt2gxy said:
Roy, I see the sign, but where are you? You're supposed to take a selfie if no one offers to take your picture for you.

Bob

Can't say. That would spoil the surprise :lol:
 
ricky racer":165idebh said:
You've got to keep those brakes cool on the decent. As I was driving our dually down it last time we were out there, we had to wait while an ambulance came up to haul out a couple of young girls who over turned their car after their brake faded. :roll:

I know all about hot brakes, being a retired OTR driver. I was watching Zack close. They have a mandatory break check on the way down and they check the temperture of your brakes.
 
Back
Top