Pants pockets

Bus Driver

501 Club
This really is a serious question- but about as off-topic as it gets on this forum. Being right-handed, my right front pocket gets serious wear. Especially from keys and assorted hardware that is put in and taken out in the course of a day.
Pocket develops a hole. How do you deal with that? Welding and pop rivets are not good and duct tape is not durable.
 
My pockets used to be the first thing to wear out. I finally figured out that it was all of the keys I carried. I bet I used to have a pound of keys in my pocket I had a key for every vehicle and door we owned on my keychain as well as work keys and other assorted keys that I didn't even know that they went to. I finally wised up and re-keyed the home locks the same and just put a house and barn key on each separate car key. Now I just grab the key for whatever vehicle I will be in and go.

You can read a paper through some of the pocket material they use now. I often wondered how the old iron-on patches would work to repair pockets.
 
Many places that sell sewing supplies and material actually sell replacement pockets, a preformed pocket that can be put over the old one and ironed on. You are not the first to have that problem.
 
Haven't seen iron on pockets, but have seen replacement pocket that can be sewn in. No luck with iron on patches except in jacket pocket. A good seamstress can repair/replace a pocket, but you have to decide if it is cost effective. Cut pockets out of pants with worn out knees and use for repairs. Last patching experience: after having two pairs of jean knees patched with camo one developed a pocket hole and the dog chewed another hole above the left knee. Pay attention and never buy anything with synthetic pockets, only cotton. Hopefully heavy cotton. Learned that buying pants at the used uniform store. They sold new too. New pants were 12.00 and Oxford shirts were 5.00. Used less than half that. Got many bargains there. Otto hats, 3.00. Plus Service Uniforms, Concord, NC.
 
My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first. Not sure why that is. I am right handed. Any theories? :D
 
"My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first."
What a sly way to brag about that fat wallet. Sitting on that can irritate the sciatic nerve.
 
Bus Driver":nxpcbwt6 said:
"My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first."
What a sly way to brag about that fat wallet. Sitting on that can irritate the sciatic nerve.
On the front side, not the back side. :D Mid-way between the waist and the knee.
 
Purse. When I owned rental properties, I carried a small canvas tool pouch. Contained; tape measure, small clip board, keys, small repair parts and some tools.
Don McCombs":2vybzsxm said:
My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first. Not sure why that is. I am right handed. Any theories? :D
Same here. Guessing, when picking up something heavy, I rest or hold it on the left thigh before changing position for the next lift.

No solution on worn out right front jeans pocket except sewing machine and salvaged parts from other jeans.
 
Eugene":1bo1cnpt said:
Don McCombs":1bo1cnpt said:
My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first. Not sure why that is. I am right handed. Any theories? :D
Same here. Guessing, when picking up something heavy, I rest or hold it on the left thigh before changing position for the next lift.
I no longer remember which side, but I used to wear through one leg slightly above the knee during haying season. When throwing a bale on the wagon, I habitually gave each bale a boost with one leg. I think it was a common practice.
 
Don McCombs":1n4bw5p8 said:
Bus Driver":1n4bw5p8 said:
"My jeans always develop worn through spots on the top of the left thigh first."
What a sly way to brag about that fat wallet. Sitting on that can irritate the sciatic nerve.
On the front side, not the back side. :D Mid-way between the waist and the knee.

Offset design of the Cub forces you to steer with your left leg while keeping your left hand on either the governor control or hydraulic control and your right hand holding the beverage of your choice.
 
Back
Top