Ouch!!!

Barnyard

Moderator
Staff member
Early this afternoon I decided to unload my trailer after returning from DSCF. The first thing to come off was the Cub I expressed for Dusty. This is a Cub with rear weights and loaded rear tires. I dropped the ramps and started to push the Cub off the back. Just as it started to roll down the ramps, one of my dogs ran in front and stopped for a split second in its path. I hollered at her to move and reached out to hit the brakes while still standing on the trailer. The Cub rolled away and I missed the brake pedal. As I was leaning out I lost balance and was thrown off the back of the trailer. I was able to miss landing on the ramp but I ended up slamming my chest into the ground. My glasses were in the left pocket of my shirt and I felt them drive into my chest as I hit ground. I am still very sore and not sure if I bruised a muscle or rib. All I know for sure is it hurts like hell when I take a deep breath. It is about as sore as anything I have ever felt. As for now I will give it a rest and see how things are in the morning.

The rest of the unloading will have to wait.
 
I'm glad you're okay, although sore. Things can sure go bad in a hurry can't they? I hope you're feeling better today.
 
Sorry to read about your mishap. I'd echo Jeff's advice and get to the doctor to have it checked out.

Hope you get back to normal soon.
 
Hopefully your just bruised. We don’t bounce like we used to :roll:
Take it slow and if you see dark bruising or pain persists go to the Dr .
 
Oh my! As advised above, keep an eye out for symptoms that a DR or ER should check out. Otherwise, get better quick.

Ron
 
I had xrays this morning. Results came back after lunch. There is no damage to the ribs. It may be just some soreness or muscle pain. My glasses where in my pocket on the side that hit the ground. I had felt them dig into my chest when I landed.
 
You can heal, glasses cost money! :| Glad you do not apparently have any injuries more serious than bruises. What is it with your trailers? Your old one almost got me, and now this one makes a try for you.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":2s89m9a8 said:
What is it with your trailers? Your old one almost got me, and now this one makes a try for you.
Sounds like a lowboy trailer might be safer. Less distance from the ground! :lol:

Should we put a safety railing on this trailer during the next cubfest?
 
Back
Top