Old Blue

Several years ago I was scheduled to fly to a company school, but they were calling for snow when I was supposed to return a few days later, so I drove Old Blue, a 30 year old Chevy heavy duty 3/4 ton 4wd to the airport. this old truck had spent all but a couple years of it's life on the farm and looked pretty rough, you could not put both hands on it without hitting a dent or a rusty spot or some cow manure. However, with that 350 4bbl and 4.11 differentials it ran good if you could afford the gas. :| I got to the commuter lot and carried my suitcase over to the shelter to wait for the shuttle bus. When it picked me up it happened to circle past where Old Blue was parked, and a couple of young executive types who appeared to be impressed with themselves saw it and one of them commented "that looks like some old farmer just drug it out of the barn and drove it up here". I looked over at them and in my best hillbilly drawl I said "Yeah, Uh did". Sure was a quite ride the 2 or 3 miles to the airport. :lol:
 
torchred89":c7ocbm7z said:
You can take the boy out of the country. But you can't take the country out of the boy.
and you can't take the rust out of Old Blue either.

Not too long after that I was on my way home from town and had to turn around to go back and get the gas pedal out of the highway after it fell through the floorboard. I went to a local business that rolls out the metal siding for buildings and bought a small piece of left over flat stock and made a new floorboard for the driver side. It already had the foam caulking along the edges to keep me from getting wet when I hit puddles. :lol: I didn't make a new floorboard for the passenger side, I never rode over there.
 
Back
Top