oil filter gasket

DanR

501 Club
I'm trying to find gaskets for the filters that didn't come with one. Farmall H. Seems the supplier thinks it is the same as a Ford 9N . It's not the same on my H. So, is the supplier incorrect or do I have an oddball filter housing? The ones he sent are flat and mine fit down in a groove.
 
I don't know if H and Super A are the same, but my SA has a rubber ring that fits in a groove in the bottom, and the filter cup is upside down and squeezes into the groove. If they are the same, Fleet Guard LF618 or NAPA 1172 both come with the "O" ring for the groove.

Tom
 
David - there are two different filters for the H - a long one and a short one. I think they are the same diameter with the only difference being the length. They should take the same gasket.
 
Back
Top