nuisance callers

My mother used to have a Medial Alert system and used it 2 or 3 times to get help when she fell and could not get up. I thought they were a good company, however my mother has been in a nursing home for 2 years and no longer has it, but for the last 2 or 3 months I have been getting calls almost daily trying to sell me one. Repeated request to stop calling and to put me on their do not call list have been unsuccessful, so I took another tact. On the most recent computer generated call I pushed 1 to talk to a representative and had her explain it all to me and give me the prices. After keeping her on the phone for several minutes, I told her I was not interested, but they had been wasting my time having to answer the phone daily, so I decided to start wasting their time every time the called. She stated they would put me on the do not call list, and I have not heard from them in over a week and a half. :D Now I think I will try the same thing on the Card Services Company that keeps calling me to reduce my credit card rates.
 
My version of that is to tell them I really want to hear about their product/service then ask them to hold on for just a minute. Come back after they give up and hang the phone up. Most phone lines will beep to tell you they are gone. One day when I was really in the mood to mess with somebody, I did that then came back on the line every 30 or 45 seconds an said "just hang on another minute".
 
Don McCombs":2bxt28bw said:
I just use Caller ID and don't answer the nuisance calls.
:Dito: If don't recognize the number or caller name it doesn't get answered. If it's important they can leave a message. Most don't.
 
Many years ago I worked for the Post Office. This company sent out all this mail for contributions. They put a envelop in it. The envelop said postage guaranteed. I went to empty mail bag and it was heavy. This guy taped the guaranteed postage card on a 4 inch solid cinder block. They had to pay $19 for that one. I'm sure they took him off there list. :D
 
A friend of mine used to mix up his junk mail and stuff it in the postage paid envelops so the sender would get back other vendors junk mail.
 
Barnyard":3epeesdj said:
A friend of mine used to mix up his junk mail and stuff it in the postage paid envelops so the sender would get back other vendors junk mail.
You have TWO friends that do that. :D
 
Barnyard":1rrxc3bf said:
A friend of mine used to mix up his junk mail and stuff it in the postage paid envelops so the sender would get back other vendors junk mail.
I've done that on occasion myself.
 
I have a program on my computer that shows the caller id and you can set it to block certain calls with many options. One option is a very loud fax tone and it seems to work well. It's called phone tray free.
 
Back
Top