My new "H"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I just adopted a Farmall "H" that the seller said was a 1950. I checked the serial #"s and according to the tag, I actually have a 1943, serial # 145444. How could the seller be so far off? I guess it's more retorical,but I guess it's common when I'm involved,My '54 cub was really a '49 by the #'s,Is there anything I should be aware of since this a war era machine?
 
Pathfinder - I have found that previous owners oftenn don't know the whole history of their tractors and only remember what has been passed down by word of mouth. Sometimes this means that one remembers that "Dad" bought the tractor in 1950. So as that passes down it often translates into "It's a 1950." Many do not work on their own tractors so they do not know to check serial numbers and charts.
If it is a war era tractor it should have a steel gearshift knob.
 
Some of the '43s had steel serial number plates and radiator fins. They also went to pressure cooling and fewer tubes in the radiator. Had to save those exotic metals.
 
Back
Top