MRI, chickened out.

Eugene

501 Club
About a week ago I went in for an MRI on my spine, lumbar region. Spent 20 minutes in the tube. No concept of time. Getting roasted from pad under back. Left leg cramping up. Right arm in spasms. Finished the first 20 minute session.

Attendants said we are now going to put a hood on your head for another 20 minute session in MRI to check your brain.

I told the attendants that I was done for the day, that was it. They weren't going to stick me back in the MRI.

Any way, tomorrow another 20 minutes in the MRI. 20 minutes I can stand.
 
Eugene":ghh0waug said:
About a week ago I went in for an MRI on my spine, lumbar region. Spent 20 minutes in the tube. No concept of time. Getting roasted from pad under back. Left leg cramping up. Right arm in spasms. Finished the first 20 minute session.

Attendants said we are now going to put a hood on your head for another 20 minute session in MRI to check your brain.

I told the attendants that I was done for the day, that was it. They weren't going to stick me back in the MRI.

Any way, tomorrow another 20 minutes in the MRI. 20 minutes I can stand.

Beyond the process of what they have to do to get a diagnosis, hope you're not in too bad shape and it's fixable. Hang in there! :(
 
The MRI is a cake walk.

Try 45 treatments for prostate cancer and dropping your pants/underwear in front of five women you don't know.

My esteem and extreme shyness is long gone.

Get the MRI done pronto. I had a very aggressive prostrate cancer and I'm still here over a year later.

My sister in law died from breast cancer because she didn't go to the doctor when she found small lumps.

I lost 45lbs so I could fit on the radiation table. I was looking at either losing the weight to fight the cancer with radiation or you know....... I chose to fight the battle of my life to live. Even though I didn't like undressing in front of anyone.
 
2nd MRI on brain. Haven't heard the results. But the MRI went much better then the first on the lumbar region. Instead of being in the roaster, had to ask the attendants for a blanket to keep warm. Actually not a bad experience.

I am no longer embarrassed being nude in front a bunch of females. Testicules crushed, prostate probed, colonoscopy, catheter, pubic hair shave by female medics, ain't nothing left to be embarrassed about.

Daughter called today. Granddaughter had wisdom tooth pulled. Reminded of getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Pliers in mouth, dentist's knee on my chest to get leverage as he wiggled the teeth back and forth.

Thinking we have all had great and miserable medical experiences.
 
Glad to hear this second MRI was a better experience. Yeah, I know what you mean about nothing more to be embarrassed about. My open heart surgery prep had many of those features. :lol:
 
Phone call from medical clinic. MRI brain scan normal.

So, uneven walking gate, back pain, tremors, right leg weakness, = lumbar region problem(s).
 
My latest nothing else to be embarrassed about. After a series of bare butt shots in the spine, referral to physical therapy for pain in right hip and right side.

First therapy session, a bunch of mental and physical tests. Then the therapist starts probing, tracing each of my gluteal muscles. Found a source of the pain. Now sometime during my hour physical therapy session I get 8 minutes of ultra sound therapy to heal up and relax muscles. Yup. Bare butt therapy.

Good news is that the young lady providing the physical therapy is excellent. Perhaps not so bad news is that the young lady lives directly across the street from my son.
 
At least it sounds like they were able to find the source of your pain. Now hope they can reduce or eliminate it (the pain...not your rear end). :wink:
 
Back
Top