Mowing weeds

For the last few days I have been using my H pulling a 6 foot brush cutter to mow some in a neighbor's pastures, some of the areas being pretty bad. After seeing a couple of rabbits while mowing I decided to start carrying my long barreled .22 magnum revolver in case of a coyote, or maybe more rabbits, etc. I put it on my belt along with my keys, multiplier, utility knife. I was making my first round this morning running in weeds mostly as high as the 38 inch wheels on my H, and a rabbit came out of the weeds and slowly started hopping towards the nearby brush of an abandoned railroad. I reached down, opened the flap and brought my hand up and sat there sighting along my Gerber multiplier as the rabbit unconcernedly hopped away. I was laughing too hard at myself to get the revolver before the rabbit got out of sight.

As a side note, this was an unusual rabbit, at least to me. It was a combination of off white, gray, brown, and yellow.
 
Rabbits and squirrels, there seems to be a lot of them this summer, especially the rabbits at my place. Last few years, it was the squirrels, and now the rabbits.
 
John: If you shot the rabbit, what were you going to do with it? Rabbit season doesn't start until 1 October.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":9bkzhfgq said:
........
As a side note, this was an unusual rabbit, at least to me. It was a combination of off white, gray, brown, and yellow.
Did you have your glasses on? Did the "rabbit" have an unusual tail? Did the "rabbit" meow?
 
was it a needle nose or just regular pliers????? needle nose ya got more of an advantage.....more reach...hahahahahaha!!!! Used to carry a buck knife....and shame on you wabbit hunting out of season.....hahaha!!!! Elmer knows its duck season!!!!
 
It was a standard pliers, and yes, it's colors looked more like a cat than any rabbit I have ever seen, but was definitely a rabbit. at least by it's ears, tail and hopping. Like T-MO said, rabbits are quite plentiful around here, so I thought I might be able to thin them a little, but at a distance of 30 yards or so, holding the revolver with one hand and the H still running at full throttle, even though stationary, my chances of hitting a moving rabbit were pretty slim using the revolver. Nonexistent using the Gerber. :oops: One thing I have to give Gerber a lot of credit for, they have an excellent silencer on that multiplier, I never heard the shot. :lol:
 
There are so many topics that are so cool, I don't know where to begin or end. Believe me, there are readers who totally agree.
 
Back
Top